1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a question for girls

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by earth, Mar 11, 2014.

1. earth

earth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there,

I am going through much confusion in my life at the minute, I am starting to feel that I could be gay, or at least that the female side of my brain is more prominent, I guess primarily because I was raised by my mother and my father was in another country
    My question is are there females out there who are attracted to gay guys or even just guys who are pretty female in nature. I would not like to compromise who I am but still have dreams of being with a woman.. Am I getting sexuality confused with behaviour?

Thanks

2. SilverGirl

first, there is no such thing as you turning gay because you were raised by your mother, a person is gay because that person is attracted to someone of the same-sex, it's what that person likes

as for the question, i'm pretty sure there is, just keep in mind that being gay and being feminine are two different things, there are masculine gay men as well, and straight feminine men, when you say compromise who you are, are you talking about having a feminine appearance or liking other men?

gender identity and sexual orientation are two different things, gender identity deals with how you feel like you are, while sexual orientation is about if you like the opposite, same, both or neither sex

your post confuses me a little, please answer these questions to clarify a bit:

-what attracts you? Men? Women? Both? Neither?

-how do you feel about yourself? Male? Female? Masculine? Feminine? Both? Neither?

3. superchicken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hi,

i can see where gay guys can be attractive to some women. it happens, that's why some women are married to gay men.

now, if you're asking if a lesbian can be attracted to a gay guy, well, it can happen, i've seen it on maury (horribly awesome tv show). though most times, the guy is trans, acts like a female and is perceived as a female by the lesbian. one of the couples, the gay guy got the lesbian pregnant. what a mess, but they seemed happy.

i'm a fairly open minded person. from my perspective, i think there is a slight possibility, although unlikely, for me to look at a gay guy in a romantic light, if he meets my emotional needs, he is thoughtful, sensitive, responsible, stable, attractive in a feminine way. however, i'm not sure how i will feel about the sex part. i can imagine it would feel like being drenched with a bucket of cold icy water every time i take off his underwear and see a penis, when i want a vagina. it would slap me back to reality every time. i might decide to endure it, but i'm not sure how long that would last.

this is my honest thought about this matter. how does that make you feel?

#3 superchicken, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not straight, but if I ever end up with a guy, it'll probably be an effeminate.

5. kwik003

I have no proper answer of your question. As usually I have find answer post on this forum.

6. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Earth, you are in a pretty confusing state right now and we all go through such process maybe in different ways. There's no rush in deciding or answering your lingering questioning.

Nevertheless, SilverGirl's questions will help you in yiur own questions and SuperChicken's outlook will help you understand the world we are living in.

In the meantime, ENJOY the RIDE and you'll get to your destination.