1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction to guys or just emotional warm bodies?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Karabeara, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Karabeara

So in elementary school I used to get " crushes ". But I'm starting to wonder if I was just trying to find someone to like like the rest of the girls my age. I think back and can't really find anything I liked about them. In fact I didn't really know them. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever had a real crush on a guy. So was this really crushes or just me trying to fill a void with something I didn't really want but everyone else did? These were short scrawny kids too that no one else thought were cute.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is quite possible. I realized the same thing when I was your age - that I wasn't attracted to or interested in the girls I was crushing on at all. I just felt pressured to do it because of social norms.

Definitely possible that you were just going with the flow. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Surprisingly, a lot of people say that this happened to them at a younger age. They go with the norm until they take a few minutes to think, "Wait.. am I actually attracted to this person?"

3. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Agree with TJ it's like in 6th grade my best friend was like why don't you ever have a boyfriend or crush on guys I didn't think of it back then but I just figured it was cause she peaked early with dating even though i felt attracted to girls I ended up dating the gayest guy within our group literally people thought he was gay and we dated a month then from that point on I dated guys never thought about sexuality and when I was 23 hooked up with my first girl and was like wow that felt better than any guy I've been with never knew it'd be this good