1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to stop being straight?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MrConfusion, Mar 12, 2014.

1. MrConfusion

Up until maybe the past three months, I've only ever felt attracted to girls. I've always felt sexually attracted to only girls, and can definitely say that I've been in love with a girl.

However, now... I don't know why, but I seem to be suddenly more attracted to guys. I'm so infatuated with the new attraction, that I guess you could say I've almost forgotten girls?

It's confusing because with the knowledge that I have been in love with a girl and have always found girls sexually (and emotionally) attractive, I don't know whether I'm gay, bisexual or straight?

Is it possible to just switch sexualities? Or am I going through a stage where I'm more attracted to guys, and will eventually end up regaining my attraction to girls (Making me bisexual?)

Right now, I feel gay. It's just the past that is making me question it all. ALL my life (up until three months ago) I've only ever found girls attractive. It's so confusing.

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

That's exactly how I felt when I realized I like girls. One thing I can tell you is that my attraction to guys hasn't yo-yo'd because of my bisexuality. I still love guys, but I also love girls. Sure, some days I prefer one over the other, but I have always loved both. I'm not quite sure that you can "stop" being anything with your sexuality. I think most of the time we're born the way we are and just don't realize it until a certain point. Only you can judge your own label on this type of stuff. I can tell you that my experience was pretty much the same and that's it. We're all different though. Hope this helps.

3. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry about it so much. Its just a label: gay, straight, bi, a-sexual, demi...ect. If you look at it that way youll go crazy, just go with your feeling rite now. If you have a new sexual/mental/physical attraction to males explore possible relationships (friendships included) with a male (suggestively gay or bi...). Over all you will figure out your sexuality on your own in reasonable time.

Over all don't worry about it because we cant answer it for you, only you can know what you are...

4. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i don't think it's possible to change your sexuality. you might be going through a stage of curiosity, but i really don't know. or you could be bisexual. wish i could help but i just have no clue.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I do think It's possible to change sexuality, just not by choice. It's a fluid thing.

I was strongly attracted to the opposite sex when I was young, but growing older that started to change.