1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Fluctuations, and my own complicated sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MadManiakPunk, Mar 12, 2014.

1. MadManiakPunk

Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm starting to realize that bisexuals have fluid attractions, that can fluctuate from time to time. I guess for me the problem is how my own attractions fluctuate, what parts do fluctuate and what parts don't. My sexuality is best classified as bisexual, because I can feel sexual lust for either genders, but romantically and emotionally I've always gone to other guys, for some reason girls just don't feel right in that regard, I don't think I could ever honestly love a woman.

The real killer is how my attractions fluctuate, I'm usually horny as hell and really into dudes, or not really in the mood and could go for either one, but usually just go with girls. In short it's complicated. As bisexuals why do our sexual attractions fluctuate. Better yet, is there a way to make them stop. I kind of what the wheel to stop spinning and stay on what my heart actually wants, not whatever I happen to settle for.

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

I don't think there is a way to make it stop. It's just the way we are. If you rather settle for guys then just go for guys. I thinks it's a curse that comes with bisexuality. We just go both ways...with everything...

3. Camrok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, I feel you. It changes constantly and there really isn't anything you can do. It sucks, but it's the downside to being able to be attracted to both genders. What can you do?

4. Alyss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me its the same - fluctations.

5. MadManiakPunk

Out Status:
    Family only
    Seriously though, does anyone know how to make it stop? Or make it stop fluctuating and stay with both?

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've heard that this has happened to a few bisexuals . Being bisexual doesn't mean your gonna like both sexes equal you can be bisexual and like the same sex romantically and sexually and only like the opposite sex sexually . I think bisexual is a fluid sexuality :slight_smile:
    bisexuals that like the same sex more I think are called homoromantic bisexual .
    So you might be homoromantic

7. MessieM

It freaks the hell out of me.

Sometimes, i think that I've got it all wrong and that I am really straight, and start panicking that I came out as LGBT.

But other days I wonder if I really am just a lesbian, and that it wasn't fair coming out as bi as my feelings for girls are so much stronger than boys.

8. Praetor

I can definitely relate. Even though I've definitely been with more men, I've also had feelings for women and it does feel like it fluctuates sometimes. I've been interested in dating girls, and dating boys at different times.
    As I am in a relationship right now, though, my feelings tend to be about my boyfriend.

I find in general when I've been single I was generally much more flexible in tastes and interests. When I'm in a relationship I tend to be pretty devoted to that one person.

I definitely think it would be interesting if scientists looked more into bisexuality, as it is very understudied in comparison to homosexuality.

#8 Praetor, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    even if girls are stronger than boys or boys an stronger than girls the fact that you like both makes you bi

10. MadManiakPunk

Out Status:
    Family only
    THIS is exactly how I feel as a guy, for other guys.

11. IsThisAName

This sounds almost exactly like me. Yesterday on the way in to class I drove by the boys baseball team and nearly had a heart attack at how hot they were, and 20 minutes later I'm swooning over the hot group of girls who sit next to me in class. :roflmao:

Being bi feels like a blessing and a curse. You can't control who you're attracted to, but you can choose who you sleep with/have relationships with. My best advise would be to try to learn to love it because it's who you are.