1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepting or Uncomfortable with sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ema228, Mar 13, 2014.

1. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My friends and I joke a lot about my sexuality. Except I came out as bisexual, but they call me gay. I go with it, especially lately because I think I am a lesbian. I don't know whether I joke so much about my sexuality because I am having trouble accepting myself or if it's because I fully accept myself. It may seem weird to not know whether I am accepting myself or not because they are completely opposite, but it's hard to tell. Some people joke about their insecurities and I don't know if I am one of those people. Some people say they accept something, but on a deeper level really don't. It's just so confusing. :bang::confused:

2. Uranian

Uranian Guest

Confusion is part of life and particularly so as you enter exit adolescence and start to ender young adulthood.

My only advice would be to say that if you are only sexually attracted to women then that would probably indicate you are a lesbian. If you are mostly attracted to women but sometimes men then that doesn't discount you identifying as a lesbian either. But if you are more or less attracted to both men and women then you probably are bi.

Only you can know the truth of who you are actually attracted to though. Faking something might lead to your sky being filled with only dark clouds so be careful about lying to yourself. Having said that, your profile says that you are relatively young, so don't feel you need to conform to any one label until you have worked it out. I'm 36 and I'm only just starting to be honest with my own self about all the boooolll shiiiiiiit repression I have heaped on my brain.

Be yourself, whoever that is, and don't let society's labels weigh you down. Trust me, it can fuck with your head. (*hug*)

3. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I try not to joke too much about sexuality because I know it can make people uncomfortable. More specifically, I try not to aim any comments toward anyone or about anyone. Joking about things in a general sense seems fine to me, but I try not to play mind games if I can help it. We are all human though, and sometimes we say things that hurt people. What I would recommend is spending some time by yourself, away from people to sort out what you feel for yourself. People make assumptions based on all sorts of things going on in their own minds. What matters in this case is what you feel.