1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Pondering, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Pondering

:help: So... I'm a girl but I can't quite figure out my orientation. When I was young I had a friend, she was a little - off. She always acted really crazy, and could be quite annoying. But we would play pretend games, you know, one of us would be the husband, the other the wife. We would pretend to get married, have kids - and even kiss/feel each other up. At first I thought it was weird, then I began creating elaborate schemes in my head to be intimate with her. We had sleep-overs and things could get pretty heated. Then, she moved away - and as my hormones were still raging, I had no one to let them "out" on. I had crushes like other girls. I would obsess over boys, but whenever I thought of doing anything more that holding hands, I was put off. Girls on the other hand, I would have intense fantasies. I always thought the female body was beautiful, and you were supposed to be put off by yucky boys. Now I don't know. I haven't ever had a crush on a girl, unless you count my friend. Yesterday I told my best friend I have a crush on a boy, but I don't know if I do. My family is very accepting, even my angry republican dad, and my best friend in the WHOLE world is a lesbian, but I'm still scared and confused. Is it a phase? A ploy for attention? Am I bi? I don't know? Any advice? Thanks for reading!

tl;dr Can't tell if Lesbian. Any advice?:help:

2. AmiBee

On thing it isn't is just an attempt to get attention. You sound like you are at least bi but if you've only ever felt attraction for girls, you're likely a lesbian. I don't think there is any rush for a label. Hope this helps a little

3. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with AmiBee, you are probably bisexual and possibly a lesbian, and either way this is not a ploy for attention. That's a common myth about female bisexuality--that we're doing it for attention--but it's simply not true! If you like girls, you like girls. That could mean your bi, gay, or heteroflexible. Maybe you should try dating girls and boys? See how things feel? It can take a while to figure out your sexuality. Some of us are still figuring it out late in life. Good luck and stay true to yourself.

4. Pondering

Thanks Guys! Forgot to mention, I did date a guy once. I thought I liked him (we had been friends for a while) but when we started dating I realized I really didn't want to do anything more than that. I haven't tried dating a girl yet... We'll see how that ends up!

5. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is no hurry for labeling yourself. Some people know right away, others take awhile, and some never do. I do understand the comfort in having an identity, though. Good news is that if you later decide you're something a little different that's okay too!

Based off of what you posted I don't get the feeling this is a cry for attention so I wouldn't worry about that.