1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Scared

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by girl99, Mar 14, 2014.

1. girl99

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    While I'm still questioning whether I'm bisexual or not, lately I've been thinking that if I discover that I am in fact bisexual...the thought of coming out kind of scares me. While I am a huge supporter of LGBT Community, and I'm fine with accepting the fact that I may be bi, I'm scared of what other people will think. I know that people who want to come out say this all the time, and people always say it'll be okay and whatnot...what if it isn't okay for me? My parents and sisters are very anti-gay, and so many of my current girl friends will freak out (because for some reason, 90% of girls just assume that all bisexuals/lesbians just want to jump on them), and I'm scared that boys will think I'm weird. I'm pretty confident that other lesbians/bisexual girls would be fine with it, but a lot of guys can't accept it. I know all of this sounds really stupid and kind of childish...but I'm just being honest. I'm not proud to admit it, but I'm scared of what others will think.:icon_redf

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do not be upset about being scared. I am right there with you as questioning, and I am terrified. I have told some of my friends here at college, and they have all been really respective, but when I talked with one of the staff members at church, it was not so good. She was nice, and very polite, but it was a bit of a shock for her, it did not help that I also came out as a Universalist at the same time. This was a double whammy, and has been struggle. Ended up leaving the church over it.

I know that my family will be accepting but I do not want to tell them, at least until I get a set answer. I want to remain "straight" but I do not know if that is an option. When it comes to boys, I am also nervous, I do not want them to think that I am weird or easy. I would never do that, but that does not mean that the stereotype is doesn't exist. This is something that we are going to have to learn to deal with and it absolutely sucks.

3. sexwax

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I remember when I first was asked the question of whether I identified as LGBT or it was just a phase since I had only been with one girl at the time I knew it wasn't but had always thought since I was 22 at the time it might have been I was terrified and would cover it up by talking heavily about guys and how hot they were I was so scared but at the same time wanted desperately to tell someone but I was still afraid turns out my dad already knew from overhearing phone convos and when I told my best friend she told me she liked the same sex as well it's been nothing but a positive experience for me and although people don't agree with my lifestyle i haven't had anyone stop talking to me or it affect me bad in any way