1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on dating transgebder

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by chefakts91, Mar 16, 2014.

1. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So I posted on here asking how I could meet transgebder women apparently I'm not too keenin how it all works, I'm straight but very much attracted to women of all kinds, not a fetish just something I need to explore to be true with myself and find happiness thank you

2. newfish

If you're attracted to all women, why do you feel the need to specifically search for transgender women?

3. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Just as some ppl like black women or Spanish women I like that kind, it's a delicate subject but I think of then as women just as black or Spanish but I'm attracted to that

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So quick question: Imagine you are in a relationship with a trans girl and they have SRS, what happens to that realtionship?

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've dated a trans woman before(but it was like a long distance relationship) and I think one thing is it's ok to ask question if you don't understand curtain things about her another thing treat her like you would treat any other woman . get to know her and think of her more than just being trans find out her hobbies what she likes other stuff about her .

6. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Just like Stocking said, I would want to be treated like a woman, all the good stuff ya know? holding a door open for me, telling me you love me everyday, stuff like that, and I would welcome any question you had about me, because it is the best way to better understand who I am

7. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I know how to date women and it would be no different otherwise but I have many questions

8. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Ask away, we'll do our best to answer them

9. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well first is there a community for meeting dating online, I'd imagine it's tough to go out and meet guys without getting harassed, or most guys are just uninterested due to the judgement they'd receive...idk how can I support and meet girls like you that would be into me?

10. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I do know that there are transgenders on every sort of dating site, you just have to look, however not all of them will put it on their profile, so it could take some detective work on any dating site since none of them really offer transgender gender options

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pro-tip. If you do manage to find a girl on a regular dating site, DO NOT mention 'transgender' in your message. 9 times out of 10, you'll be ignored as some sort of chaser.

12. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Ok thank you, what dating sites I mean I've tried plenty of fish, hot or not, ****** even lol...I'm at a loss

13. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still can't tell you. Forum rules, nobody here is getting banned just to tell you a dating site. Sorry.

Just google 'dating site' and find one with a 'search' bar. See what comes up. Failing that google transgender dating or something...the websites seem shifty as hell but then that's what you get.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's thanks to my ex girlfriend that I understand and respect trans women more she taught me a lot .

15. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

OP i get what you are saying. I myself like ladies, but it's hard to let people know you are open to ladies who were born of a different body as well. It's hard on this site because people keep shoving the there is no difference, but there is. (lemme finish ladies before you bite my head off)

Cis-gendered females and transwoman are not the same, and we probably need a new word for this but in my experience straight means you are attracted to the opposite sex. (In short if you have a penis, you want a vagina on your partner.) So you are looking for a word that says "I like the gender female". Because gender refers to what a person is on the inside. For example my gender is male, my sex is female. Most trans* before transition are like that. Their outsides do not match their heart and soul.

It's frustrating to be on EC right now because it seems sensitivity is on a rise. Look if my straight friend Sarah doesn't like me, I am not going to argue well I am male, I am going to take it that she is straight when it comes to sex.

As far as dating a transwoman, treat her like the lady she is. Hold the door open, write her love letters, get her flowers on Valentine's Day. She's no different in that respect.

16. Claudette

Claudette Guest

^ This is what I would expect from a partner, I couldn't ask more until after the operation

17. chefakts91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thank you Charlie that's what I'm getting at, I'm interested in transwomen not as a chaser but genuinely attracted to then and they are ladies and I would treat then as such of course but I've had girls and it's not all there I want to explore this realm in the physical sense because it's what I like I just wanna know how/where to meet them instead of tediously searching shady dating websites