1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I straight?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by CharlieHK, Mar 16, 2014.

1. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

The reason I normally say pansexual is because I don't want to offend my S.O. because she is pre-everything transwoman and I fear that saying to her, "I just like women" will make her self-conscious about her body.

Honestly, I don't feel sexually attracted to men, well at least not their bodies. So when I first started dating my S.O. she was still in the closet. But honestly I liked her because "he" was pretty feminine. (No idea at first that "he" was really "she" in the beginning, it showed itself overtime). But the question I have been battling is this:

If it ends, what gender would I look for in my next mate? And the answer is always female, but it comes with the exception of females who were not born female. I mean, it doesn't matter what phase of transition they are in, a girl is a girl no matter what's on the outside. But "straight" comes with the stigma of liking the outside more than the heart of a person. So I fear it would scare my current partner into thinking I don't find her body attractive.

What does this make me? Straight? :tears:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps I'm being a bit thick but why would you tell your girlfriend in the first place?

I mean to her it's not going to matter what your orientation is as long as you still like her.

Personally if I were her I would be far more worried that you're questioning what gender you would date if we broke up than I ever would be about you telling me you're straight!

3. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Hmmmmm. No it's not like "oh by the way, when we crash and burn, I'm dating girls."

Okay so my GF is actually on this site (she can only get on in the summer, but still). I convinced her to join. So if I am going to be truthful with myself and put straight instead of pan, I may have to answer questions. And there lies my issue.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well then consider that by saying you are straight and you still like her, you are making it quite clear you see her as the woman she is.

5. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I'll talk to her tomorrow. I mean I wish there was a word that meant you are attracted to the opposite gender. Straight means you like the opposite sex.

You know what, I don't need labels. It's 10:00PM and I'm gonna make my own orientation.

S=sex, so straight means you like the opposite sex.
    G=gender, so I hereby make "graight" an orientation. (the "t" took a vacation, and by that I mean i murder the "t") (pronounced same as great).

Yep. I'm graight.

And sleep deprived.

I might regret this in the morning.

Or I'm a genius.

6. newfish

Actually, I think this might fall under gynephilic/gynesexual. Attracted to those with feminine qualities. It doesn't have to include parts.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I believe you can be straight. I actually base my sexuality off of gender (I like cis women and trans women) but not sex (I don't like cis men or trans men).

I'm not going to identify as pansexual because that doesn't really make sense. Pansexual means all, and why would I be pan if I only like female identities?

Sexuality shouldn't be seen as so cut and dry as genitals and chromosomes. Otherwise a straight man or lesbian who is attracted to a cis woman with CAIS would technically be bisexual. And that wouldn't fly with anyone.

8. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Why can't you identify as bisexual instead of straight?

I'm attracted to all genders, but I don't identify as pansexual. Because with the exception of people who are born intersex or are in a state of transition in which they have both sex characteristics to some degree, there are generally just two kinds of genitalia. How people express gender after their born makes no difference to me. People either have a vagina or a penis, with the exception of those who have both (and if they have both then they still have "two" which means I can still be "bi"). So when I say "bisexual" what I mean is I like both parts. Doesn't matter who has them. Why must you say you're straight?

Or graight? If you like girls, and you like someone who was born with boy parts but who is actually a girl, if the penis doesn't get in the way of you liking said girl...the way I see it you can either identify as a lesbian (and consider mtf trans people to be Real Girls, which I personally do) or you can identify as bi/pan just to cover all your bases. Right?

9. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I'm just going to put ladies and anyone who calls themselves a lady is a lady to me and leave at that. When i talked to my GF she helped me reorganize my thoughts.

10. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you! :slight_smile: