1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if this makes me bisexual...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by rainwater, Mar 17, 2014.

1. rainwater

rainwater Guest

I always thought I was straight until the past year or so. I've had a sexual attraction to females for quite some time, but I never really thought about it before. I kind of just dismissed it. I know I like guys-both physically and romantically. That's where I get confused when it comes to girls.

I've never liked a girl in the romantic sense before. I often find myself fantasizing about what it would be like to be in a relationship with a girl, but I don't know if I'd ever go through with it in reality, or if I even really want that. I know I'm attracted to females sexually, but I don't know if that's where the attraction ends.

I've never been in a relationship at all before-with a guy or a girl, so I suppose that plays a role in my uncertainty. I always wonder what it would be like to have sex with a girl or date a girl, but when I picture myself a decade or so in the future it's always a man I ultimately see myself being in a serious relationship with, if anyone at all. I don't know if that's what I want because it will be easier to deal with, or if I could possibly want the same with a woman.

Do you think this make me bisexual with a preference for guys, bicurious, or what :confused:?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes you are bisexual not all bisexuals are 50/50 you could like one sex more than the other and still be bisexual . It can also be because your not comfortable with the fact that you like women that's why you never had a romantic connection with one but you are indeed bi

3. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say possibly bisexual/hetero-romantic. Like Stockings said, bisexuality doesn't mean you're equally attracted to both sexes. I'm bi, but while I'm still open to being with a girl, I prefer guys romantically and sexually. I mostly see girls I know as platonic friends, but I still find other girls physically and sometimes sexually attractive. So I get what you're feeling, and it's perfectly normal to be more romantically attracted to one over the other.

4. Uranian

Uranian Guest

Have you ever become sexually aroused when fantasizing about having sex with women? Or, is it more that you are just curious about what it would be like?

If you do become sexually aroused then that would suggest you are bisexual to whatever varying degree.

Many societies over a long period of time have constructed false dichotomies surrounding both gender identity (male or female) and sexual orientation (gay or straight) and in many they still try to put people in either box - with the attendent harm that this causes to many who don't identify in such a simplistic manner - we now have more information than ever before that shows how redundant these dichotomies have become.

All that is to say: if you are bisexual, you are one amongst many, and don't feel ashamed about being this way. You can choose to act on these sexual attractions or not but don't let these desires make you feel unhappy. They are a small part of who you are and being true to yourself is the most important thing you can do with your life.

#4 Uranian, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  5. rainwater

rainwater Guest

I'm definitely aroused by the fantasies, but I've always kind of assumed for me to be considered bisexual I'd have to emotionally attracted to women as well, but I guess I was wrong :confused:.

You are very right. Thanks, I appreciate it :slight_smile:. Thanks to SwimScotty and stocking as well :slight_smile:.