1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians and motherhood

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by darklord, Mar 17, 2014.

1. darklord

I'm wondering how lesbians feel about motherhood? Pregnancy, childbirth and all things associated? Do you think your feelings about these issues differ from straight girls and what makes you think so?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't ever want to be pregnant or birth a baby, I guess you can say that I'm a bit phobic/uncomfortable in that area. Haha

BUT I still have a natural maternal instinct toward kids (I love them) and still want one of my own. Just don't want to birth one. I prefer adopting, but if my girlfriend/wife wants to carry I'm cool with that too.

3. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I love kids but I can not give birth and do not know if I'd want to have any but by the same token I would help other couples who would need a sperm donor (one of the only good things about having that thing down there)

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't want to give birth I'm scared of the pain , if my girlfriend wants kids then she will get pregnant then we adopt . I'm also worried about having a child because I didn't have a good child hood and I don't want to be like my mother I 'm scared I might treat my child that way .

5. IsThisAName

I can't personally say anything since I'm bi, but my best friend is a lesbian and she knows she wants to have kids on her own. We're young so she's not planning on having kids any time soon, but she's told me that one day when she is married that she wants to get a sperm donor and thinks it would be cool if her wife did the same--they'd both raise them together obviously but they way they could also have biological children. I think that sounds like an awesome idea and if I marry a girl I'll probably do the same.

6. BelleFromHell

I have ZERO interest in raising children, and even if I did have any interest, I certainly wouldn't want to destroy my body just to get one (especially considering all the children in the world with no parents.)
    I don't have any problem with other lesbians (or anyone LGBT) wanting children, though. Hell, statics show we do a hell of a job parenting. I'd personally would rather just get a goldfish... :lol:

7. setnyx

my son was a miracle. i was doing what was expected of me, being with guys, feeling pretty safe, i was told by 2 obgyns i couldn't get pregnant. i met a guy who was effeminate, he was told he couldn't father a kid. my son saved my life. i proved i was " normal " & stopped the downward spiral of depression for trying to be something i wasn't. luckily i identify as male so i threw the ball around ect. & was both parents to him. it was a great experience... except for sex part.

8. BelleFromHell

I've considered being an egg donor once I'm old enough, but I'm afraid I might be rejected.
    Plus, I'm a HUGE needle-phobe, so I'd need a girlfriend to hold my hand during the process...
    (I'm such a wuss... :lol:slight_smile:

9. sammy1

I don't like kids and I definitally don't want to get pregnant and give birth to one...to me kids are too noisy and annoying and messy and full of germs lol

10. KThomps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I want kids I know that but I'm unsure if I want to go through child birth or not

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2014 at 11:33 PM ----------

That sounds like an amazing idea that's probably what I'll do I guess because I want to be related to the child

11. thekillingmoon

It has nothing to do with orientation. Many women want kids even if they're not straight. I don't. I never wanted to have to kids. I would say I don't like kids, I find them extremely annoying, not cute. So yeah, I'm never having kids. It's actually kind of a problem to find a woman with the same mindset.

12. nikidion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure if I want kids or not, but I'm certain that I never ever want to be pregnant. Just no. But maybe one day I could adopt, or maybe not. I'm quite undecided and indifferent honestly. I'd love to have grandkids though.

13. I don't really have a desire to have children, and there's no way in hell I'm ever giving birth. But I'm not completely opposed to the idea of raising children either. If I end up with someone who really wants children, I'm not going to refuse, and I'd be one heck of a parent. I'd prefer adoption, but if she wants the experience of birthing her own child, that would be fine with me as well. In that case, I would ask my brother to be a sperm donor so that the child would have a little of me in it as well.

But really, I would much rather have a bunch of pet pigs.

14. kittykat1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I wouldn't mind children, I'm not saying it has a priority or anything, other things probably come first like my career - I love looking after children, but they are a big responsibility.. I don't really like the whole giving birth idea neither.. but then again, who does?! haha! I'd also consider fostering or adoption :slight_smile:

15. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple of friends who are married (to each other) both wanted to feel related to their children, so one provided the eggs, mixed it with the donor's sperm, then whacked it in her wife's oven and baked it for nine months. They have a lovely son and are now expecting their second. (^_^)

16. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

I'd love to have children, but would prefer to be partnered in a stable relationship/married first, and as I am nowhere near having that at the moment, it isn't looking like it will happen anytime soon.

I do realise that if I was mother, I wouldn't be able to do half the things I can do now with the freedom I have. I would feel lost without all the activities I do outside of work. In the meantime I'm happy to be a doting Auntie!

17. BelleFromHell

I used to be a step-auntie, I miss it... :astonished:

18. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't want any kids. And being called a mother, and especially being pregnant, would upset me greatly. I don't know why but being called a mother would just bother me. I'd prefer to be called a father haha... But even then, I don't want kids.

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't ever want to stop having sex either and I don't want my body to get ugly and unattractive I wanna look good for my future wife . :tantrum:
    even as an old lesbian I will still have sex !

20. ZombieEater

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOL. Cute