1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've never felt this way!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Carebear11, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Carebear11

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, so I have questioned my sexuality lately (lately being the past few months)... and concluded that I was straight and probably just going through a phase or something when I thought I might like women, because my relationships with the guys have never been that great.

I am very athletic and just recently gave up swimming professionally. So to fill the gap left by not swimming anymore... I joined a ladies hockey team. There is girl on the team, who is definitely into women, and at first I didn't think much of it. But then I really started to like her as she was funny, care-free & confident. But it wasn't till I saw her out one night that I actually felt really happy to see her and had butterflies in my stomach, and I noticed how I just wanted to be around her. (it's weird because I am actually with a guy now who I really like too so my brain is so confused). That night however, she was going after one of the other girls on the team who is straight (she only likes straight girls apparently), and that made me surprisingly jealous!

The next Tuesday at practice, she was still full on flirting with this girl even after being rejected by her. I found myself wishing I was that girl. Now I can't stop thinking about her.

I am so confused... I was sure I was straight so why am I so attracted to this girl?? How do I stop feeling this way... or is it even possible? please help!!:bang:

2. kittykat1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    perhaps you're bisexual? you have some sort of an attraction to both sexes so it's definitely a possibility!

I'm questioning my sexuality too, and I've found that talking to a gay friend helps a lot because they've been through the confused stage themselves probably! :slight_smile: xxx

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may be at least bisexual i think, if you feel attracted to other women. The "its just a phase" thing is common before realizing you aren't straight. But that's only my 2 cents, only you can look at your feelings and conclude what you really are.

If KittyKat1 and i are right, and you are really bisexual, the first thing you should do is accept yourself. Do you feel attracted physically/romantically to other women? If you fantasize about those things, how do you feel?

Good Luck :thumbsup:

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't remember who said that on The L Word (TV show) but the line was: "most girls are straight until they're not." :icon_wink
    You obviously have feelings for that girl. It can mean many things - you can be biromantic heterosexual, bisexual, etc... it really depends on what gender you are attracted to.
    You said you found yourself wishing you were that girl. Imagine she was flirting with you, what would you like to do? How do you feel about it? And what does it mean that your "relationships with the guys have never been that great"?
    As a start I'd recommend you to read some threads on this forum, you realize that you're not alone who feels the same way. And don't worry, you'll figure it out. :thumbsup: