1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I was a lesbian but now I'm confused?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by GemmaK, Mar 20, 2014.

1. GemmaK

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm 17 and I've 'known' I'm a lesbian for just over 4 years. Being raised in a homophobic family has meant that it has taken me a long time to be even slightly alright with my sexuality. I've had two very brief (a couple of months) relationships with guys and none with girls, but both ended because I felt guilty I was using them to make myself feel like maybe I could fit in and be what my family wanted. In the past year or so I've more or less come to terms with it and come out to a small group of friends.
    But lately, after going to a different school to the friends who know, I've been wondering how sure I really am. I recently met a guy who whilst I'm not too keen on the idea of having sex with him, I actually think I like him. I think he's cute and I kinda want to be with him in a romantic sense, but I don't know if I could ever be attracted to him. In a way, I hope that maybe if I dated him, eventually the attraction would come.
    He's just got me so confused right now, because I was so sure before but now I don't know if I really am a lesbian. I've always found guys attractive, just not been attracted to them like I am to girls. Also, I know it's silly but I think I'd be really embarrassed to have to un-come-out to the friends that know. :/
    So I guess if anyone has any advice on anything I've said here it'd be great. :slight_smile:
    :confused:

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had the reverse happen to you I came out as bi because I thought I was now I have to re come out to everyone I got how you can feel embarrassed about it . I know I sure did I even once thought of keeping the bi label so i wouldn't have to re come out but it wouldn't be fair if I did .