1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Questioning22, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Questioning22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I am a 19 year old who has never been in a relationship. And until about a year ago I didn't really question my sexuality. But just over a year ago I met a women who I knew was gay and started thinking about her all the time. I thought that maybe I was just kinda looking up to her or something, but I think that I was was actually attracted to her. The thought of being with her excited me. But I am confused because until then I hadn't really had a crush on a female. I hadn't really on a male either. But the thought of being with a man just doesn't seem appealing. A women, on the other hand!

So anyway, I am wondering if anyone has any advice? Could I be lesbian. It just seems like quite late to start questioning now.

Thanks heaps for reading.

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Well I can't speak to your orientation as only you can really know that, but it sure sounds like attraction to me. Sometimes these things just happen out of the blue.

3. IJustWantToLove

Hey,
    I don't really have any advice, sorry. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and I don't think 19 is
    I'm 23 and confused as hell...
    I pretty much feel the same way, especially the 'don't know if it's attraction or admiration'.
    But taking from what you said about
    I guess that's quite an indicator?! It doesn't automatically have to mean you're a lesbian, though.

4. addie88

It's never too late! There are no rules with sexuality. People start to question themselves anywhere from four years old to forty years old- and beyond. It's fluid and therefore confusing.

If you're attracted to her, great! The real question- is she single?

I've been dating my girlfriend for almost two years, and she still doesn't know what her orientation is. We hardly even talk about it. What matters is that we like each other. So we're with each other. I call myself a lesbian- but if we break up, and I meet a guy, and fall in love with him, then my next question would be, is he single??