1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confuciusgirlus, Mar 20, 2014.

1. confuciusgirlus

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am currently in a relationship with a male - going on 1 year and a half. I believe that I do love him, and I am happy with him, but I do not know if I am completely happy with him. I have experimented with a girl, and I would love to do it again. I think I am crushing on one of my female friends, but I am in a relationship with this man. I have become less attracted to him over the relationship, but I cannot tell if I am just bored or if I am truly losing interest in him. I know that I am mostly sexually attracted to women, and mentally attracted to males (generally I don't like being around girls with a "girly girl" personality). I can't tell if I am actually a lesbian who is in love with a guy, or if I am just very curious. I feel so bad because I feel like I am not being faithful to my boyfriend because I am interested in women.

2. Nessarose

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't mind my input, though I'm not much of a relationship expert nor am I experienced with sexual orientation.

I would say speak with the man you are involved with. Only you can decide for yourself is you are gay or not, but he can help you. Relationships are based on trust. If I am correct in assuming you have not cheated on him, that should definitely help. If he is "the one" for you, then you will end up needing his help with any issue you have in the future, be it this one, or another. If you are not right for each other, then you owe it to yourselves to be happy; help eachother find happiness. =) I hope I've helped. Good luck.

3. IsThisAName

It's possible that you could be bisexual, or you may also be lesbian but biromantic--sexually and emotionally attracted to females, and only emotionally attracted to men. (I didn't even know that was a thing until I joined this forum, but it is and many people identify as biromantic but gay. Give yourself time to figure things out--it will all come to you and it will be okay! Best of luck and if you ever need to talk, I'm a wall post away.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think your bi and just bored of him