1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a lesbian be [B]really[/B] girly?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Karabeara, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Karabeara

Can they? Like I don't talk to guys a whole bunch and I like to paint my nails and keep my hair long. I don't like skirts or dresses on a daily basis but think they're really cute and wear them occasionally. I just brush my hair ( don't do anything special) and I don't wear makeup. I absolutely love heels. But I only played with the neighbor boys not any of the boys from school and I have always gotten along with girls better. All the lesbian stories I've heard of the girl always gets really nervous around girls but totally chill with boys. For me it's the other way around but I don't feel like I'm attracted to boys just girls. Can I still be a lesbian? I know this is very stereotypical but I'd really like to know if I can be nervous around boys and still like girls and be girly.

2. wHack

wHack Guest

Of course. You're sexuality does not define you. I, personally, wear dresses/skirts/etc every single day and I'm outwardly very feminine. I have a few interests that aren't really girly, but I'm pretty much more traditionally feminine than the majority of straight girls I know. There are no rules. Also, if talking to guys isn't something you're normally exposed to, I think it's understandable for that to make you nervous.

#2 wHack, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  3. lovely lesbian

Yea of course i paint my nails and don't really wear dresses or skirts and don't wear make up im a lesbian

4. AmiBee

A lesbian can have any characteristics under the sun. A lesbian is just a woman who is sexually attracted only to other women. I'm a lesbian who feels much more comfortable around other women. Men seem like a foreign territory that I don't really understand and that's why I can get nervous around them, depending on circumstances.

5. llins

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, actually I think it doesn't matter how someone looks as long as they realize what they want. For me, I know I like girls and not boys. I can have crush on girls but not for boys. I can get along as a friends in the daily basis with boys and girls most of the time...it doesn't matter how my appearances. Sometimes I dress up..wear a make up and heels, sometimes I just appear without make up..jeans...sneakers and t-shirts.

It just unfair to put someone preferences based on appearances and try to forbid someone to dress in some circumstances based on it.

6. Pottenkind

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Being a lesbian doesn't define your personality, don't worry. It only says something about what sex you're attracted to. :slight_smile:

I've known many lesbians and gays that fall out of the sterotype homosexual. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don't let anyone tell you how you should act, or who you should love because you act a certain way. :slight_smile:

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Gender expression is different from sexual orientation.

You're a woman. (gender identity)

You're a feminine woman. (gender expression)

And you're lesbian. (sexual orientation)

That's it.

8. BelleFromHell

I consider myself to be somewhere in between butch-femme.
    I don't wear makeup (of course I'm allergic to most of it and I can't apply it for shit),
    I wear dresses and skirts only for special occasions (I hate the feeling that someone can see my undies),
    I don't wear really femmine looking clothes, but they're still woman's clothes,
    My hair is cut into a bob,
    I wear flip-flops nearly 24/7 (can't stand having to put on teenis-shoes and my mom won't let me wear high-heels),
    I have both masculine and femmine interests (well, if Super Mario Bros., Pokemon, anime/manga, classic rock and metal music count as "masculine")...
    Overall, I'm still pretty femmine looking, but I'm really insecure and I wish I were a lipstick lesbian. :astonished:

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2014 at 08:27 AM ----------

Couldn't have said it better myself. :slight_smile:

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I get my hair done paint my nails and even do art on them sometimes , I have long hair and I'm a lesbian I was friends with both boys and girls when I was a little girl , I even got along great with girls . as a teenager I got more nervous around girls and had more guy friends but lately I've been friends with both sexes still nervous around girls . But I think your a lesbian I think all that matters to being a lesbian is not really how you dress or act or who your friends are . It's if you only like girls sexually and emotionally .
    You sound very lesbian to me

10. Karabeara

Thanks guys. I knew I was being kind of stereotypical but I didn't get the whole gender expression and identity thing till you explained it thanks.

11. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course you can still be a lesbian. I am very similar to what you described. I'm very girly, like to dress up and wear skirts (not to fond of dresses though), go to the salon and get my hair and nails done and I'm a lesbian. I don't really get along with guys, I just don't know how to talk to them. It's different for every person.

12. Karabeara

Thanks that's really helpful.