1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bluebelle, Mar 24, 2014.

1. bluebelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So last year I started to realize I had an attraction to girls. At first I was okay with it but then tried to deny it I guess, I got a boy friend and tried to forget about it. I only went out with him for a couple months and we broke up when I went back to school, it wasn't a big deal but then I remembered how I felt again and have come to the acceptance (for the most part) that I'm bisexaul. At least I thought so, I had a guy friend come over and I could tell he was attracted to me, he would inch closer to me and I just kept feeling the need to move away. He's a good looking guy don't get me wrong, but now I'm not sure how I feel about boys. I've gone all the way before but now I don't know how'd I feel about it. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to feel anymore. I'm just really confused. :icon_sad:

any advice?

2. White Knight

They are called feelings for a reason, right? You don't have to figure out or plan your feelings. Go where your heart carry you. You are still young, still in age of learning life with experiments, trial and error methods.

Maybe I am over simplifying things as I never had that kind of doubts. However I also believe no one can tell you what you're feeling or how you should feel. You young guns try so reach solutions to fast(Wow that sounded too ancient, I swear I am 38 year old not 138 :rolle: ) . Just take your time to feel, analyze and live. Instead of forced and rushed judgement which can lead you to an unhappy life, enjoy your days and live for yourself instead of society norms or forced gender roles.

3. IsThisAName

I know exactly how you feel, I actually made a thread about it earlier today. I've accepted myself as bisexual but now I'm questioning my feelings toward guys and wondering if I could just be gay. Time will tell, I think, just see how things go and try and go with the flow. It's just a label, even if it does feel better to know all the answers. You will realize in time exactly what it is that you like. :slight_smile:

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Moving away from a particular boy might mean you're not interested in boys, or it might mean that you're not interested "that way" in that particular boy. Don't worry about a label, go with your feelings. Let your feelings define your label, don't let a label define you.

5. concealdontfeel

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Something that's helped me is to be fluid. Don't put a label on yourself just yet. Just because you don't "like" this particular boy doesn't immediately conclude that you're lesbian!
    It's like saying lesbians are attracted to all the women or gays are attracted to all the men. Ridiculous, right? So just go with the flow and remember not to conclude everything too fast!
    You're not supposed to figure out how you're supposed to feel. You just...feel. And that's okay! Just remember to keep your chin held high and your step always springing!
    Good luck! :kiss:

6. marie77

Why did you try to deny your attraction to girls?

I think one thing you can do is think about being with girls, boys, or both and see how it makes you feel. Happy? Worried? Anxious? Sad? Grossed out? Don't try to force it but just let yourself feel however you feel. And open yourself up to the idea that you are straight, lesbian, or bisexual and see how each feels. Does one feel more right than the other? Which feels most wrong?

You have lots of time to figure this all out. But I agree with others - just because you don't like a particular person doesn't mean you are gay or not. Try to observe the overall trends in your attractions and feelings.

7. bluebelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll just try to go with the flow and see where it goes!

As to denying my attraction to girls, I was raised catholic and went to a private catholic school, my first instinct was that all of my friends would shun me, now I know thats not the case but at the time I was scared.