1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it something more?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by concealdontfeel, Mar 25, 2014.

1. concealdontfeel

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For so long I've dismissed my feelings for this girl as a "girl-crush". She was everything I wanted to be, confident, smart, responsible...
    Then we became friends and she revealed all her flaws to me. Her insecurities, problems, and weaknesses. That didn't help me get over my "crush" at all. In fact, it just made it worse.
    The closer I got the more I infatuated I felt and whenever I came over to her house I always felt like I needed to be beside her. I'd steal random touches and surprise her with something she had been pining over for weeks. There's a lot more but I don't want to bore you.
    I read somewhere that this could be more than just a "crush" on someone but I don't want it to be! She's straight, we're too young and I definitely don't stand a chance.
    "Girl-crushes" were normal but this seems totally different.
    I used to get crushes on guys all the time but now I find myself barely stealing them a second glance. Am I lesbian or is this just a phase I'm going through?
    I'd really love some advice, thanks! My close friend told me to distance myself from said crush and just try to get over it but the problem is that I don't want to! :eusa_doh:
    Thanks for reading!