1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can your sexual fantasies indicate your sexual orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MyLittleWorld, Mar 26, 2014.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just an example If a girl always fantasizes about other girls only and vice versa can this indicate something?

2. Yosia

Id say itdoes to a point ^.^

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that's one of the best indicators.

4. BelleFromHell

Yes, they most certainly can.

5. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only fantasize about girls but I can fall for boys too in real life... So I don't know anymore. It surely says something though...
    Do you think the same about sexual dreams?

6. RedxRabbit

RedxRabbit Guest

That's interesting. Sexuality is so fluid that I believe one can be heterosexual and sometimes fantasize about girls/guys or vice versa. Perhaps it can be an indicator that one is of a certain sexuality or maybe they are only attracted to the idea that it is still taboo in certain areas of the world, maybe they are turned on by doing something they wouldn't normally do but in reality are not attracted. I think it depends on why a person is having certain sexual fantasies. :slight_smile: Sometimes it can be easier to understand how one feels when they physically or emotionally experience another person. Another thing is not to worry or feel uncomfortable with one's thoughts. I'm bisexual and only realized it a short while ago.

7. Theron

I think to some degree. If I try to fantasize about women, that kills the mood like a bucket of cold water. =/

8. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I sincerely dunno.

I fantasize about and become aroused almost exclusively by thoughts of men. When I was married to my wife, I had to think about men in order to perform. Yet, in my own mind, I'm bi with a strong preference for women.

Am I in denial or just off base? :icon_conf

9. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the most part, yes.

10. ChameleonSoul

I'd say that's probably the best indicator out of any...

11. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes but it can also be confusing. I used to fantasize mostly about sexual scenarios between straight couples but in more of a voyeuristic way, like I was watching without participating because if I tried to think of myself with a man it just put me off completely. Nowadays I fantasize more about having sex with women (as myself).

12. Uranian

Uranian Guest

I think it is definitely at least an indication of an inclination towards some part of one's sexual orientation whether it is something one acts on is kind of irrelevant. At the same time though it is only an indication of what one might try to put into reality if there wasn't certain types of bigotry around which deliberately seeks to make people conform to the "man and woman fucking in the missionary position to procreate" and to feel bad if this isn't what turns them on.

The reality of a fantastical encounter is also likely to be very different to what a person has built it up to be in their head over time. In the mind it is almost perfect, if a little oblique, because everyone gets off and enjoys themselves and respects each other which isn't necessarily how it will play out in real life. Even if it did it still is unlikely to exceed expectations and will more than likely fall below expectations. So in the scenario you provide: the girl who always fantasizes about other girls who actually gets the opportunity to engage the fantasy in real life but finds the real life fantasy is an unsatisfying experience, this in and of itself wouldn't necessarily prove she is straight. Only that she had an unsatisfying same-sex experience.

Long boring story short: fantasies certainly indicate something about sexual orientation and sexuality but it is only an indication of what one might do if certain conditions were met.

I would say though if a girl is with a guy and she needs to fantasise about women (and only women) in order to orgasm with her boyfriend/husband then that would probably indicate a woman who is repressing her sexuality and orientation in a highly damaging way.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Most of the time yes sometimes no but it's pretty accurate most of the time

14. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends how you prefer women too I mean sexually or emotionally. I was really confused and sometimes still am about my attractions because I get crushes on guys but I don't want to do anything sexual with them. I'm emotional person and I can fall in love with a woman and I can fall in love with a man. So it makes me biromantic. But I wouldn't go too far with a guy. I can kiss them hug them hold hands but all this goes up his belt for sensual attracion. I fantasize ONLY about girls. If a guy is in it still my attetion is for a girl. As you said you had to think about men ir order to perfom when I kissed my boyfriend I had to think about girls. And still I'm not disgusted about any part of a males body but still I know for sure it's not what I want sexually. And you can totally be bisexual because in my opinion it doesn't have to be 50/50 you can have preference as you said for women. And if it's emotional or sexual attraction it doesn't matter if you feel like you are then let it be :icon_wink

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2014 at 03:37 AM ----------

Why you think so?

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2014 at 03:43 AM ----------

About dreams I think they are more tricky. Sometimes if a straight woman is dreaming about having sex with another woman it just means she craves sensitive touch. But in real life she is still straight. This happened to my friend and she is totally straight fantasies about guys dating guys loves guys but she freaked out about these dreams. She is really sensitive and romantic person and her psychologist told her it's just she is missing sensitivity in her life. Its weird but our mind is sooo confusing :icon_bigg And as you said you fantasize about girls but fall for boys too so maybe bisexual with preference for women? :icon_wink

#14 MyLittleWorld, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  15. hmmm maybe...I mostly fantasize about having sex with men and sometimes solo women/lesbians. I very rarely fantasize about myself having sex with women. But then in a relationship sense, I mostly fantasize about being with a woman...like a close best friend. I guess I'm just weird lol.

16. lovely lesbian

17. lukeluvznicki13

It definitely does!

18. Clay

Sometimes I fantasize about girls. In fact I'd say it's actually about 60/40, guy/girls.

I didn't think anything of this because it's just a fantasy, and doesn't actually reflect me. But after reading this thread I'm not so sure anymore, I assumed this was normal.

I identify as gay but I'd say it's probably about 90/10. I don't know how I feel about this revelation.

19. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I don't know, I can't provide an easy answer to this. I much prefer looking at girls. To me, the female form is the most incredibly beautiful thing on earth. However, as sexy as my eyes seem to find them, I don't seem to get much of a genital reaction out of it. By the same token, men extremely seldom catch my eye (an exception includes a guy in my class right now--wow, what a beautiful specimen). However, thinking/fantasizing about being with a man is almost the only way I can get going physically (and boy does it get me going!).

I am almost wonder if I am perhaps one of those very rare ducks that is not really attracted to people per se, but attracted aspects of people (femininity) and to the feelings they stir in one (men). Femininity is so very wonderful to me, I am often like the poem, I don't know if I want to be her, fuck her, or borrow her clothes, lol. With men, something about their potency, their strength, their swagger is immensely sexy in a way that transcends looks. I feel like I would prefer a long-term relationship with a female (or at least a feminine person). Congruently, I feel like I would need to look to a dominant, very masculine man for sexual satisfaction. So heaven knows how this kind of dynamic could possible work out or even materialize. It ain't easy being complicated. :confused:

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

It's a pretty good barometer into how you lie, I'd think.

I primarily fantasize about men myself. Gets me going. I'll fantasize about women too but I'd say it's kind of a 70/30 type deal with men and women respectively.