1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual and hating it

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fibonacci, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Fibonacci

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm brand new to this forum, so I hope this topic hasn't already been beaten to death.

Anyone else out there who wishes he/she could just have a nice unambiguous attraction to one gender or the other? I have always felt like two incompatible halves. I'm half a straight guy, half a gay guy. As such, I have shied away from any relationships for basically my entire adult life (I'm 44). I wish I could have just been one or the other instead of being attracted to both.

And while I'm on the subject of being only "half a gay guy" ... I am completely turned off by the whole idea of anal sex. I tried to top a couple of times for a friend-with-favors hook up a few years ago, and all three times I lost my erection, because I can't get around the primary function of that orifice. So I'm wondering how rare is it that a gay guy wants nothing to do with the anus.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not all gay guys like anal sex some do some don't . Being bi is not a bad thing although a lot of people will make you feel bad for it specifically if your a guy.

3. Seagypsy

I totally understand the half and half thing, even tho I'm a girl, because I feel half straight and half lesbian too... It's like I only have half the skills or attractions needed for either gender! And I have shied away from relationships and sex all my life! I only fancy androgynous bisexuals andI can fall hard for someone but they usually just want something casual and I scare them off before we've even kissed, never mind had sex!!
    I've snogged and briefly dated a few guys in my time, but that's it, it never felt quite right and I was always scared of sex, before I realised I was bi..... I'm sure a lot of bi guys don't place so much emphasis on anal sex. If U connect with the person then u should be able to work it out, they should understand it's not for everyone.

#3 Seagypsy, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  4. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being Bisexual is hard sometimes. I broken up with guys/girls just because I wasn’t interested with their gender at that moment. A lot people would think it is greed/being addicted to sex. But unless you are bisexual, you don’t know how “tugging” it is. Have you tried dating a male or female bisexual before, not only they would be more understanding but they could relate to this side of you?

I like the feeling of being able to fall in love with either male or female and wouldn’t change it.

5. Joelouis

Fibonacci, I know exactly how you feel.

Even though I'm attracted to guys, I am not interested in sex with them.
    I could date a woman and have a sexual relationship with her yet I know it would play on my mind that I like guys, so even though it's only thoughts, that would feel like I'm cheating on the girl I'm with.

For me personally, bisexuality is a burden. It gets in the way.

If I had a choice of being bisexual and wealthy, or straight and poor, then I'll take being poor.

This isn't meant to offend anyone, it's just my personal view.

#5 Joelouis, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  6. darklord

First of all, disliking anal sex doesn't make anyone any less gay. I've read plenty of gay guys writing how they dislike it...

I am somewhere in between when it comes to my sexual orientation, and also in regards to gender identity! I am bio-female.
    I am more attracted to males, but I am most attracted to very feminine males! My ideal guy is small, cute, with long beautiful hair, feminine gender expression, with feminine personality and mannerisms... Pretty much like a girl!
    I am completely turned off by ”manly men” that straight girls often seem to find handsome (← in fact, I'm not interested in ”handsome” guys at all, but pretty ones...).

I am put off by straight sexual intercourse, but I guess that doesn't make me any less ”straight” if disliking anal doesn't make you less ”gay”...

… It seems to make much more sense for me to be a lesbian, but I know I'm not... I know I'm not in denial either, because I have really wished and tried to be a lesbian so I definitely am not repressing it.

Despite all this I have managed to find a guy I'm happy with... So I totally believe you could find someone as well. It doesn't have to be a sexual relationship necessarily... I hope you will find happiness, whether as a single or with someone else :slight_smile: