1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long story

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sunandmoons, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Sunandmoons

Hey all.. sorry to jump right in with a big post but really need some advice.

Basically I am in my mid20s and recently started speaking to a friend from when I was younger (the first time in over about 8 years) who I found out was gay. I have had girlfriends all my life and always thought I was straight. However, cut a long story short after speaking online / text for a bit we met up as friends but stuff happened when we got drunk.

Similar things happened for the next 3 weeks or so, but on top of this we met up to go shopping, out for dinner about 3-4 times a week. It was really relaxed and lovely, but we did talk about things and agreed we would both just see what happened. We kiss when we leave each other and constantly text all day and night everyday.

I understandably was all over the place in my mind, not being able to confide in anyone about it as they had no idea. So I feel I basically became a bit too clingy. I was always texting when I woke up, when I was on lunch at work and late at night. I felt in my head I was being a bit too full on but couldn't really help it at the time (i'm not usually like this at all) anyway I could sense he felt it was getting a bit much as well.

Over the weekend I got myself in a bit of a mess overthinking things and told him I really liked him and didn't know what to do about it. I said maybe we should back off each other because I'm getting emotionally attached.. Anyway we met up to discuss it and he said he didn't want a relationship because he got involved in one a while ago when he didn't want one and it ended badly with them. He is always saying he is really attracted to me and doesn't know why I would be interested in someone like him. But that he didn't want to lead me on as he didn't want that kind of commitment right now, I wasn't asking for a relationship because I haven't told a soul about anything.

I just don't know where to go from here, he said he was still happy to get to know each other better and how everything would stay the same. I asked him if he felt we should still hug in bed and get each other off etc and he said he would be fine with it if I was.. But as I dropped him off he seemed like he couldn't wait to get away. He ignored my texts the rest of the evening and the next morning said maybe we need some time apart. To which I replied we have only been speaking about 6 weeks, time apart would completely end the friendship we both know that.

Anyway he agreed he didn't want that to happen but how he didn't want to discuss it anymore because its unhealthy for both of us. He has been texting me but it doesn't feel the same, it feels like he doesn't want to. He is quite short with me but then randomly will be normal for a few texts.

Am I reading too much into this now and should I completely back off? Or should I calm down a bit and see where things go? He seemed way more into me than I was about 3 weeks ago, I reckon he must just think I am too much work?

Thanks for reading, sorry for the essay! :bang: