1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it just a phase?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by xsunnysundaysx, Mar 27, 2014.

1. xsunnysundaysx

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm just gonna get straight to the point.

Lately I've been questioning my sexuality because of certain interactions with girls I find...attractive. It all started two years ago with a girl named...let's say her name is Charlotte. Charlotte and I went to school together and had known each other for a year. We'd become good friends overtime, but I never thought of her as anything more. Later that year we went on a camping trip, and her brother tagged along. Her brother was considerably hot, and I was automatically attracted. The thing is, they looked closely alike. Later that day it had gotten dark, she was building a fire, and I turned to look. In that moment, I felt something I've never felt towards a girl, a sudden attraction. Seeing as it was the last time I was gonna see her, I never truly got to explore these feelings. Because she looked so similar to her brother, I merely shrugged it off as a mistake.

The next interaction I had was with a girl at summer camp...let's say her name is Ally. I was immediately envious of Ally for being so popular with everyone, making me hateful of her. After about two days, I really got to know her, and started feeling the same weird attraction. Anytime we would do something together, or she would put her arm around me (as a friend), I would get nervous. Unfortunately, the summer camp was only a week, leaving me no time to explore these feelings either.

The last interaction is with a girl I've been going to school with for almost a year now...let's call her Skylar. The moment I saw her I thought she was hot as hell, thing is, I didn't know if she was a girl or a boy. I was secretly hoping she was a guy so my feelings would seem normal, but that idea was quickly shattered. Upon discovering she was a girl, I once again started to question everything about my sexuality. The more time I spend with her, the more my weird feelings start to grow. I wouldn't mind kissing her, in fact, I'd be eager. On the flip side, the thought of kissing her doesn't turn me on as much as the thought of kissing a guy.

I've had plenty of crushes on guys, in fact, I've even been in love with one. Even this year there are many guys I've had my eye on, but Skylar is the one girl.

So the question is, am I bisexual, or is this just a phase? Do I just casually think Skylar is cute, or could it grow into something more? I would really appreciate any advice you could give me.

Sidenote: Every girl I've had these "feelings" for have similar profiles. They're all sporty and have short-ish hair. :help:

2. Kenaria

Sounds to me like you're either bisexual heteromantic, or heterosexual biromantic, and they're pretty closely tied.
    Bisexual heteromantic - Sexually speaking, you like boys and girls, but romantically speaking you only like guys
    Heterosexual biromantic - sexually speaking, you like guys, but on the flip side you wouldn't mind kissing girls as long as it didn't get sexual.

I'm no expert on these things, far from it actually. But I've done a lot of soul searching myself and have had some similar stories that have happened to me. Just follow your heart and your desires and you'll find your way. :slight_smile:

3. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's quite possible. Being bisexual means you have the capacity to be attracted to all genders. This doesn't have to be at the same time, to the same degree or in the same way. You would appear to fall into this category, but you should explore it more to see how you truly feel.
    Of course, only you can reflect on your self and decide.

Good luck on your journey of self discovery :slight_smile:

4. Jean

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think it's important for you not to push down what might be your introduction into a broadening view of your sexuality. Just like most people with reference any gender, you seem to have a certain "type" of girl you're attracted to. Personally, I would advise to not being afraid of it, and see where it takes you. In the end, you'll be the one determining your sexuality, but remember that it's important to take the steps to figuring it out, or else you never will! You could possibly be bisexual due to the fact that you find yourself attracted to two different genders, but you might want to consider the differences in romantic and sexual orientation, like previously mentioned a few posts up.

Good luck and I hope you find more out about yourself as time goes on! :slight_smile:

5. xsunnysundaysx

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the advice! I think I'm just gonna go with the flow and see where these feelings take me. I'm still unsure of my sexuality, but I guess I'll find out along the way. :slight_smile: