1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this weird?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by browneyedgirl, Apr 2, 2014.

1. I was diagnosed with OCD many times and have been questioning my sexuality for a very long time now. I went on meds a few weeks ago and felt great. I wasn't as "interested" or "obsessive" with the things that had to do with lbgt and I was able to concentrate on other things. I felt more connected with my husband and I was just able to live.

I came off meds because I hate taking pills and feel like I was suppressing my sexuality. Now I constantly think about being in a relationship with a woman, kissing all my girlfriends and generally being a lesbian. When I am busy, my feelings for guys and my husband come back very strong (when I'm off meds). But when I'm alone, it seems like lesbian thoughts take over my mind.

Not saying that I have no "lesbian" thoughts at all when I'm on meds. I think women are very sexy. Just when I'm off they tend to take over my life or something.

2. altcipher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As you mentioned, some medications prescribed for OCD, particularly SSRIs (such as Prozac, Zoloft ect.), can have various sexual side effects such as changes in sex drive. This seems to be a known side effect. Is it possible that you have less "lesbian thoughts" when on the meds because your sex drive is reduced in general, and then more when off them because your sex drive may be increased? This could also be magnified by the fact that you apparently obsess about lgbt things and such more when off the meds and therefore sex might be on your mind more?

I'm definitely not a doctor or an expert, and I'm just making a guess, so don't take my word for it. I'm just trying to offer some input in hopes it might maybe help.

3. Hey I get what you're saying. Only thing is that my lesbian thoughts have never turned me on before. Its just constant thoughts about women I get close to. I've been with women before but didn't like it much and I tried to like it. When I go on meds or get busy seems like my sex drive for men goes into overdrive and I check out guys all the time.

My gay thoughts are still there but they seem kind of ridicules now...like kind of funny and something I wouldn't wanna act on again.

And when I come off meds I just get messed up and can't work cause I can't stop researching lbgt issues and feel like I'm getting turned on whenever I see an attractive woman.