1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am not certain of my sexual orientation, please help.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by JuJu, Apr 2, 2014.

1. JuJu

JuJu Guest

Hi I am not sure of my sexual orientation. I am a girl in 8th grade. I crush on guys and girls. The crushes usually last longer with girls. I really enjoy hugging girls, but guys, not so much. I have dreams about both genders. I am not sure if I am lesbian or straight, if anyone could help me figure it out that would be great.

2. ajwad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    you are Bisexual :slight_smile: like me

3. JuJu

JuJu Guest

What is bisexual?
    Also, I know that a lot of people go through this question around my age, so I wasn't sure if it was for real or not, I have been feeling this way for about ten months though, and that seems like a long time, so I'm just not sure.

4. lovely lesbian

It means you like both sexes male and female although you might like one more than the other hope this helps x

5. IsThisAName

Bisexual means that you can see yourself being in a relationship or having sex with either a guy or a girl. It means you are attracted to both.

A lot of people who are actually gay believe that they're bisexual at first. I thought I was bi at first but now I'm beginning to think I may be a lesbian. You just figure it out in time--you are on the right track to figuring it out since you are accepting that you are attracted to girls. I personally like girls more than guys, and I am not sure if I can see myself having sex with a guy, so that is why I think I am possibly gay. However, if you are bisexual, that doesn't mean you have to like guys and girls equally. You can like girls more than guys and still be bisexual--it just means you have a preference for girls. You don't have to like both genders equally to be bi. Does this help a bit?

Also, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking? You are right that teenage years are a confusing time for everybody however don't let yourself think your feelings aren't real just because you are young. When I was younger my mom tried to tell me that it's normal to be attracted to the same sex when you're young and that it'll go away. It didn't :lol: Sometimes it's just the way you are, and that's totally okay!

#5 IsThisAName, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014