1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm unsure about my orientations and it's causing problems

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by EnfysZeru, Apr 3, 2014.

1. EnfysZeru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, ya'll can call me Zeru. For the past few months i've been mentally exhausting myself over trying to figure out my true sexual orientation. I'm a female and I openly love girls. My only ever relationship was actually with a girl and we dated for almost 3 years. We broke up just 2 months ago. My big problem is I can't figure out my orientation.

I Know I prefer girls over any gender, and just thinking about them can make me extremely giddy and fluttery. I just really like them! However I really can't decide what I feel about men. 2 days ago one of my good guy friends asked me to be his girlfriend and after 3 hours of frantically asking people advice, I said okay. I was sure to tell him I didn't know how I felt about men and that I'm genuinely more attracted to women. I told him I honestly didn't know if it would work out but it sounded fun so if he still wanted to try I was game for it.

I'm honestly scared to death that i'm going to break this guys heart. ;n; However when I was talking to my sister she told me I probably should just give it a shot to try and explore myself a little more. She told me that she really wish she had dated more when she was young. I admit it might be good for me because I've only ever been in 1 relationship and i'm about to turn 22 but I feel bad for some reason...I already know I don't want to spend my life with this guy and I told him i'm not looking for anything to serious right now. I want to be sure not to lead him on at all.

I'm really confused...I know people date without the intent of marring that person but idk I just feel bad for not wanting to be serious.
    I've had sexual relations with two guys before through threesomes that involved my ex girlfriend and I can honestly say I'm not entirely sure i'm that attracted to men. When i'm with a girl it just feels really fun! but if it's a guy I feel like it's work. However I've had a experience with another girl before and it felt the same way.
    The only person i've ever had a lot of fun with when we had sex was my ex-girlfriend. Hell we both still find each other attractive but we both agree that we don't love each other anymore, only as friends.

I guess i'm confused on whether I should just call myself gay or call myself demisexual with a preference for women.

sorry this is so long orz i've been so confused over the past several months.

#1 EnfysZeru, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014