1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight book/ movie character crushes LESBIAN AND GAY ONLY PLEASE

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Karabeara, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Karabeara

I don't know if this is the right category but its where I'm postin. So I was wondering does anyone gay ever like emotionally bond with a book/ movie character. I feel like in real life I'm not attracted to guys but in books or movies I'm like swayed by how they save the girl and are so sweet. I know they're fictional characters which is why I was wondering if I truly just haven't found the right guy yet (I'm 14) or if I just really like romance stories? Whenever there's a love story I get all giddy and kinda squeal when they kiss no matter what gender they are but I feel like I could fall in love with the male characters. However as soon as it comes time for them to have sex I don't feel like I could love them that way. Am I just a hopeless romantic and wishes I would be saved and swept off my feet or do I actually have an attraction to guys. I'm so confused and every time I feel like I know the answer I just get confused again. :frowning2:

#1 Karabeara, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I cannot answer about having a crush on a character but it's quite normal for straight people to ship a lesbian couple on the TV and for gay people to ship a straight ship. I think it's because of empathy, we can relate to other people's emotion of love, chemistry between the characters and their connection.

3. Niko

With that it sounds like you can be a heteroromantic homosexual. Yes there are differences between romantic desires and sexual desires. You can be sexually attracted to females but only romantic attractions (meaning no sexual attractions) to men. But don't let me label you, you have to do that yourself.. If you want a label anyways.

As for crushing on fictional characters yeah it happens to me all the time. Mostly on video game characters, that are male. ^^ In fact I have a few right now. :lol: But I don't think anything of it, it's just whatever.

4. LostLaura

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate to this perfectly even to the point where it had me questioning my sexuality also. I am a hopeless romantic I root for the guy sweeping the girl off her feet and vice versa but when it came time for sex I had to literally force myself for many years to accept that as part of a heterosexual relationship but I was always turned off by the thought of it. However, when it came to girls I was immediately attracted and wanted that physical/sexual intimacy being portrayed by the heterosexual couples on and off screen. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that this is me, part of who I am and whatever feelings came up I would embrace it and eventually learn to accept it, no judgement (i'm really trying with that one). That's to say if I have a hetero-romantic crush then so what, that's me, own it and if I am attracted to/have a crush on a particular girl on/off screen, so what that's me. Just be open to whatever feelings you may have and don't be so quick to pigeon-hole yourself, life is full of surprises....

5. hipbon3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In mass effect, I made my character hook up with another guy, they were so sweet, shepard and kaiden forever