1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone else relate?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tardis221B, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Tardis221B

Has anyone else felt this way?

I'm an almost 20 year old female and I identify as asexual, but I'm not sure of my romantic orientation.

I have had "crushes" on guys since 6th grade, but didn't start developing feelings for guys until my mom jokingly asked if I liked a guy. I've had about 5 or 6 crushes, but part of me wonders if I have simply convinced myself that my feelings are real. With almost every guy I have ever liked, a part of me feels like I'm lying to myself.

It is almost like my subconscious knows the answer, but my semi-subconscious and conscious minds deny what my subconscious is telling me.

My feelings have never really been that strong towards men, even the guy who I crushed on for four years. I very rarely am nervous when I talk to my "crushes" unlike most of my female friends. I could never relate when my they talked about how nervous they were when around the guys they liked. I rarely get nervous or feel awkward around my crushes. My daydreams involving the guys I like never even get as far as kissing. To imagine myself kissing a guy takes quite a bit a concentration. (and I'm still trying to decipher my feelings for women . . .)

But I know that I do really care about the guys I like, it just seems to be in a different way then my other friends and their crushes.

Has anyone else felt this way or feel like they can relate?

2. SacredX92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As you have identified yourself as asexual, I think it's easier for you to get an answer from asexuality.org. I have kinda looked through the website and found out there are many types of attractions you could have to a person but still do not feel to have sex with that person.
    I would like to know your definition of "crushes" on the guys. What do you exactly feel when you feel like you have a crush on them? Because they look cool/handsome? You like them because you feel a deep emotional connection with the guy? By the way, how well you know your crushes?

I hope I could offer you a helping hand. I am not experienced but I have met friends feeling some same aspects that you have.