1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm questioning my sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kurokatt, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Kurokatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone.
    I'm male, I'm in high school (my junior year).
    I know I like men, and I feel ready to come out of the closet. The only thing being that I thought I was bi for a while, but I'm really not sure any longer. I feel emotionally attracted to females, I've dated girls in the past, but nothing more than that. I'm not at all sexually attracted to girls, their bodies aren't attractive for me, and I can't imagine sex, but I can imagine dating.
    I know my parents will be accepting, but I don't plan on coming out to them at this time (My mom is a loud mouth and I don't want to come out to my extended family), but my friends at school I have no issues with and I'm ready for them to know.
    I know how to go about it, but I don't know if I should come out as gay or bi, because I'm not sure if I'm bi. So that's my question I suppose, I don't want to come out unless I'm sure, I hope this all makes sense, at least somewhat so.

2. returning

Welcome to Empty Closets!

I have three questions for you:

Would you want a relationship without sex?
    Some people are totally fine with living a celibate life, others have sex drives that are too strong for that. Can you see yourself having a life with a women? Another thing to consider is that women have sex drives too, and might not want to be with someone who can't have sex with them.

Are you sexually attracted to men?
    You mention liking guys, and not being attracted to girls, but you never said anything about being sexually attracted to guys. Do you masturbate to/about men?

Is there a reason you can't tell your friends you're not sure whether you're bi or gay, but you know you're not gay?
    I personally think it's likely you're Androsexual Biromantic. Whatever you decide, just remember not to get too hung up on labels!