1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demi sexuality query

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by chivalrous, Apr 7, 2014.

1. chivalrous

Hey all its been awhile!!
    So recently i discovered the meaning of what it meant to be a demi sexual, to people who dont know from what ive heard its essentially you cant feel sexually attracted to someone unless youve established a emotional connection... any ways getting of topic here

i knew i didnt feel attracted to anyone until a established a emotional connection but i just didnt realise that the title associated with it was demi and..

i was wondering is it possible to be a demi sexual gay or is demi sexual just a prefix so it would be gay demi sexual?

Thanks for your help!!

2. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, it's definitely possible to be gay demisexual. That's the way I've seen it spelt most often, so I think it's that way It's just describing who you're attracted to and then how you're attracted to them. You could also call yourself a demisexual homoromantic if that suits you more as well.

3. chivalrous

Thankyou Sam!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a general desire for women sexually, but also have a form of physical desire for a particular guy that I'm in love with. So I guess I'm a demisexual bisexual? My desire for him is different from women though, not attracted to his body parts or general appearance, rather a desire to have skin to skin contact with him, a desire to please him sexually and how his touch pleases me sexually. I've had other guys in the past touch me in an intimate way and it felt awful, but he can touch me in any way and the feeling is electric, very stimulating. It makes me wonder sometimes if sexual desire for bisexual demisexuals is sometimes chemical as well as emotional, or whether the emotional component changes the chemical component somehow.

5. Butterfly72

With me, I have never had a one night stand and don't and never had the desire to go out and find one. I can't see myself ever sleeping with someone I don't know. I feel like I need to know them and trust them before I give myself that way. So what does that make me? I didn't know there were a name for people who do that or don't do that? I am learning new things everyday.