1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if bisexual or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by saga333, Apr 8, 2014.

1. saga333

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi,

I'm 18 and I've been wondering about my sexuality for the past year or so. I actually think I've liked girls for longer than that but always put it down to thinking they were just pretty. I haven't ever been in a relationship or had any experience like that.

Since like, the beginning of high school, I've always been comfortable with the idea of being in a relationship with a woman - have been able to do so for longer than anything sexual, which I always found weird but I always just put those thoughts aside, as I liked guys as well.

But only a few days ago, when I actually accepted that I was attracted to women, my feelings of attraction towards men just seemed to dissipate?? I feel like they're slightly there but I'm more focused on women. And so now I'm questioning whether I'm bisexual and maybe just in denial about being a lesbian.

I guess it'd just be good to hear about how other's realized whether they were bisexual or lesbian, or whether I sound more like a bisexual who has stronger tendencies towards other girls? I know it's pretty impossible for anyone to tell me this but maybe if anyone's gone through a similar situation?

2. lovely lesbian

Do you have any feelings towards men now? Or just women? Becasue it sounds to me like you could be gay to me

3. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds to me your bisexual with the preference of women

4. King

Do you have any sexual or romantic feelings toward men at all? Or do you think you have because you have been to do so?

Remember it is ok to be bi-sexual, but prefer a certain gender over another, it doesn't have to be 50/50.

5. Sigrid

You don't have to be either bisexual or lesbian. You could very well be something in between, or you could simply choose not to label yourself, and allow yourself to just feel attracted to whoever you find attractive. c:

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    bisexual with a preference for women

7. B B

B B

I don't like labels, and I very well know that trying to label oneself can lead to big confusion (I know it from personal experience). You don't have to be either lesbian or bisexual, you could be something in between, or a bisexual with a preference for women... Human beings are complex, and almost impossible to label, so, don't worry if you're not sure of what label you should give yourself :slight_smile:
    Anyway, I didn't understand a thing: do you feel attraction towards men? If yes, you're almost surely on the bisexual side of the spectrum.

8. LibraryKitten

Out Status:
    Some people
    Like the people above had said, you don't need to put a label on yourself to make the feelings valid. If you're attracted to a woman, great! If it's a man, that's cool too. Have you ever heard of "sexual fluidity?" You could have been leaning towards men in the past, but lean towards women now, and maybe you'll lean one way or the other in the future, or it could be split evenly. Just leave yourself room to explore. (=

9. Sigrid

Couldn't have said it any better myself! (We're probably biased, though. This stuff seems so simple when you're pansexual cx)

10. BelleFromHell

I would say you're either lesbian or bisexual with a preference for women, but label yourself with whatever feels most natural to you.

11. Axxel

Axxel Guest

It may be that you're bisexual and because you've been suppressing your feelings for women for a long time you're making up for lost time. It doesn't necessarily mean you're not attracted to men anymore. Just see how it goes. :slight_smile: