1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by tier2, Apr 8, 2014.

1. tier2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been hanging out with this one girl for awhile now and she has become important to me. I'm not sexually attracted to her but I can tell that she is a beautiful girl. Is it weird that I can possibly love a girl even if I am only sexually attracted to men?

2. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have to remember that a label does not define you. Even if you do consider yourself sexually attracted to one gender and/or sex, you can still have romantic feelings for others. I myself am a panromantic individual and have no sexual attraction to any gender and/or sex. I do have romantic feelings towards any and all genders and/or sexes, however.

You have to ask yourself, though. "Am I romantically attracted to this girl? Or is the relationship strictly platonic?"

You can't really move forward with a relationship until you figure out exactly how you feel. If you rush into things while still confused, it could make huge complications later on. I wish you luck in understanding your own feelings.
    Please try not to mistake love and friendship; I've gotten my heart broken that way before. An ex of mine thought they were in love, but really it was just platonic. They broke up with me, and I was heart broken. I had really thought we had something special; I really did. But, I was the only one with romantic feelings. So, yet again, I wish you luck.

3. tier2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I'm not romantically attracted to this girl. It just weird to have a woman be important to me.

4. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no it's not weird that you love this girl. you love her as a friend and that's normal.

5. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's weird at all. Sometimes you can just connect with people even if you don't have a sexual or physical attraction. It's like you just understand each other.
    Who wouldn't want a friend like that?

Happy days :slight_smile: