1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DanielSmith, Apr 9, 2014.

1. DanielSmith

hi all,

New here, im a Teenage guy

so-
    I'm really confused whether
    I'm Bi
    Or whether I'm gay....

I was really hoping it was just a stage -and as im sure you can tell already I haven't accepted myself.
    Because I don't know what I actually am

I am attracted to guys, as in if I see a really fit guy ....I think of ya know...
    But its only hot fit guys....the thought of a certain type of guy disgusts me

But then I kinda like girls,
    as in I really enjoy the company...
    Its very rarely I think of "doing" something with them...

I have very specific tastes with girls..

I guess im Straight acting - im a bit diffrent ...
    but Not at all camp

ANyways , any advice?

Thanks

2. thrnvlpidj

Don't be anxious about putting a label on your sexuality.

After you have spent some time with people you find intriguing you will know what you actually are.

3. Niko

Everyone has their tastes. Just because you like a certain type of guy, doesn't mean you have to like all of the guys. Same goes for girls.

Labels are labels, everyone wants to try and rush into one; but the label should fit to you, you shouldn't try to fit to the label exactly.

If you can see yourself with a guy and a girl sexually then you're most likely bi. If you can only see sexual relationships with a guy, but you can be romantically attracted to girls, then you're probably a homosexual heteroromantic, or maybe even biromantic if you can see a romantic relationship with a guy as well. See how confusing labels can get? I say just take a few deep breaths, and really think about who you see yourself with. Try not to be in denial about anything, really do some soul searching. Once you gain an answer then you can start picking out a label.

4. DanielSmith

Right okay.

How do I do this soulsearching?
    Obviously Ive told no one .

But the problem is
    How do you go and accept yourself?

I mean I could never come out....loads of reasons....

I mean stuff like holding hands with guys doesn't really sounds attractive..

Lol, so I just have stupidly high standards

How would I go around spending time with "intriguing" people....all the guys I know hwo are bi or gay ...
    Seriously turn me off:confused:

Anyways, thanks for replying ...
    Ill check back in a bit to see your advice lol

5. Niko

How do you accept yourself.

Well, it's a difficult task that is for sure. But the best way I think is to come to grips with it and say it in your head at first and eventually say it out loud when you're alone. Say "I like guys and that's okay." say it over and over until you feel like you believe yourself. Don't worry about what anyone has to say, or the world's thoughts on how you feel, there are going to be people out there who don't approve of it, obviously; but you know what, you're the one who is living with you, they're not. So you can choose to fight it, continue to be in denial with things,and just be stuck forever, or you can choose to be one with yourself and not have as much inner turmoil.

So with that ask yourself this, if you met two people, they both met your standards and you liked them; but one was a girl and one was a boy, who could you see yourself being with more so? There's no right or wrong to this, because you can still be bisexual, but prefer one sex over the other.

6. LostAndAffraid

What are you? Human first and foremost, after that who cares what you do or who you like, just be truthful to yourself and do what feels natural to you, everything else is secondary. If other people have an opinion tell them if they want to tell you how to live your life then they should pay all your bills too.

7. thrnvlpidj

The guy you are looking for is probably saying the same thing. If one of you were out it would be easier to find each other.

When you see a really fit guy that you "think of ya know" try to get to know him better.

8. DanielSmith

Thanks Niko,
    Well it depends....
    If it was have sex with(not sure if im allowed to say that sorry) id go for a guy...
    If it was a person to live with long term ...... A girl

I will try that in a bit...

Lol!lostandaffraid thats really true....

I mean,I know one guy who is just so hot....
    And like its strange...... We kinda say stuff about sex to each other .....
    Like "you love it when ben sucks you off"
    And he would go "yeah baby"

Weird.
    I know haha!

Problem is-all the guy that are out are either really camp.or just 'emo'. So really not my type

Its cool I can talk to guys that went through this stiff

9. LostAndAffraid

You know even if your not attracted to those guys if you become friends with them they might have some hot friends, just saiyan.

10. thrnvlpidj

You may have a problem with finding a girl who doesn't mind sitting home alone while you're out having sex with a guy.

11. Niko

So basically you would have just a relationship with a guy if it was strictly about sex, but maybe a romantic relationship with a girl?

Could you ever see yourself, maybe one day if the girl was right for you and you guys really loved each other, having sex with her? Or is that a complete turn off?

Or vice versa, if you really liked the guy could you see yourself ever truly being in love with him and have some form of romance in the relationship?

12. barbadosslim

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just remember to do what makes you happy if you spend your life in denial it won't be much fun trust me on that LOL but also keep in mind you woyldnt be who you are without what you're feeling so don't let it destroy you the people who are worth keeping around won't care one way or the other because they love you and want you to be happy

13. DanielSmith

I guess Niko,

Yes I would,
    Well not sure if this is relevant ...but if I jerk over a girl, it takes MUCH longer to get there....

Well,doing romantic things with a guy just seems weird I guess, I mean it woul be really camp .
    Thats one thing I'm not.

The thought of having sex with a guy at 60 seems disgusting to me...

Oh and you know I mentioned that fit guy? Do you think hes into guys?

Thats very true barbad...

Another problem is -father and best mate is really "homophobic"
    I mean I don't like all this camp stuff as it gives gay people a bad name/image for all the none camp people