1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to figure it all out

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kimiko09, Apr 10, 2014.

1. kimiko09

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not straight, but other then that I'm absolutely clueless. My friend said that I was bi but it doesn't really seem 'right' for me. I'm attracted to guys, but I have no desire to date them or anything. Where as I'd like to date a girl but when I find one I'm attracted to, their personality turns me off. Maybe it's because I live in a small town for most of the year and don't get out much to meet new people outside of my school (small private school btw), I don't know. Anyways, I've never had a boyfriend or girlfriend, so I'm pretty lost. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you're attracted to both guys and girls, but you can't currently see yourself dating guys, and you haven't yet met a girl that you'd like to date?
    Give yourself time. With time, you might be able to decipher what you're truly attracted to and whether you can have a relationship with them.

How long have you been questioning your sexuality?

3. Agaetis Byrjun

Small towns, tell me about it. Meeting someone to just be friends with is enough of a challenge, let alone finding someone who you'd like to date, and might potentially be interested in dating. Giving it some time might be the only/best choice. Will you be able to go to college somewhere else? Any mid-size or larger school worth their name will make it much easier to meet people, and without meeting people, it's going to be hard to imagine what it is you really want.

4. kimiko09

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been questioning for about a year now, since my brother came out as gay. My parents are pretty set on me going to a church college, so the one I'm applying to is medium/small. I'm not very good at meeting new people so I have no idea how to figure out what it is I want.
    Thanks for your help!