1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Men Coming to Terms with Self

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fortheloveoflez, Apr 12, 2014.

1. fortheloveoflez

I have a friend who identifies as gay but clearly indicates to me that he is also attracted to women. I find it interesting, in that, individuals tend to think that people avoid being gay as the plague but I'm starting to think that at least in my friend's case he seems to have more of a hang up with identifying as bisexual.

Have any of you (preferably men) first identified as gay and then bisexual? Were there specific internalized fears about identifying as a bisexual man rather than a gay man?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I see this with in lesbians too there are someone who Identify as lesbian and are clearly bisexual , some will be bisexual with a preference for women but occasionally sleep with men . I figured there is a lot of bi phobia in the area internal and in the lgbt community .
    I think it's partly our fault as gays and lesbians for alienating them and down right insulting them that some bi men and women do this . Another thing I've seen is some of them think their not bi enough because their aren't 50/50 with men and women .
    Sorry that i'm not a gay or bi man but i just went with what I knew .
    This is a touchy subject and i feel this is why you didn't get any answers at first