1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one..?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by youphoric, Apr 12, 2014.

1. youphoric

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've read plenty of coming out stories, trying to get ideas and somewhere to relate. I hear over and over the same thing, 'I always knew I was gay' or 'I didn't know exactly what it was, but I knew something was different'. Only now in my life, as a young adult, I'm starting to really realise. I was never interested in anyone as a kid and thought that I liked boys in middle school. But, once I got to high school I realised that none of the boys interested me. I questioned my sexuality for a very long time.

I'm not completely confident about coming out , still, because I worry my sexuality will flip and I'll regret it. If anyone has had a similar experience or advice I would really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

2. SacredX92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So do girls attract you? Do you feel anything different when you are close to a girl than to a boy? For me, I never knew I felt something different toward girls until middle school, during puberty, but I didn't take into concern until high school and college. And now, in my last year of college, I finally accept this attraction that makes me "not straight". I am also not completely confident with my sexuality because I've never date nor kiss someone, but I know the attraction I have to girls isn't fake. But you know you always have time to figure out, so no worries, you can make a decision when you finally experience attractions to a person.

Besides, there are some people out there only feel an attraction when they have a strong emotional connection with someone. They could be pansexual - one falls for a person because of the personality, regardless of the person's gender, or demisexual - do not sexually attract with anybody, only until a strong emotional connection is built, then they experience sexual attraction, but only towards a specific partner.

Hope this helps you a bit :slight_smile:

3. shadowraptor

youphoric, this is really weird because I'm in a situation nearly identical to yours (just flip the genders around). Like you, I went through all of middle school either liking the opposite gender (in my case girls) or not really being attracted to anyone at all. Once I entered high school last year, however, I've almost entirely lost interest in girls and the only thing that ever gets my attention is guys.

I'm in your shoes because, although I know I'm definitely not straight, I don't want to come out as bi or gay and then suddenly experience some event that manages to switch my interests and have to go through the whole experience of coming out again.

I think the best thing to do is give yourself some time to think it through and make a decision of your own before trying to convince other people. If you come to realize and accept that you are no longer attracted to guys but you're not sure about girls, the safest thing to do is tell people your questioning your sexuality, but at least let them know that guys don't interest you anymore if you feel the need to get it off your chest.

I really wish you the best of luck! (!)(*hug*)

4. Agaetis Byrjun

Yes, if you aren't sure of how you identify, you don't need to put a label on yourself. There will be opportunities to explore and find out what you really want. It's good to be able to say you're open-minded for a little while.

5. kgillespie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm the same way (i think) I'm 95% sure I'm gay but i have no idea, girls don't really do it for me. I'm also just confused at the moment