1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wondering if I'm really bisexual still..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by zahhhaks, Apr 12, 2014.

1. zahhhaks

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright, here's a little background information that kinda plays into this for me: I'm transgender, and came to this realization after being on a forum for trans men when I was ~13 or 14. I finally came out last year, and have been transitioning since, which has made me feel a lot better about myself and more confident with my sexuality. The thing about that though is that I began dating people fairly young, and have identified as bisexual since around the sixth grade. I gradually, in the years leading up to transition, thought that I only liked girls, and would only pursue them- then, I began dating non binary people in the beginning stages of transition, and finally ended up being comfortable expressing an attraction to men. Except it didn't stop there- slowly, especially as I got further and further into medical and social transition, I've found that I don't really want to BE WITH anyone other than guys. I'm still sometimes attracted to non binary people, but mostly I just wanna be with a man. Am I just experiencing a shift in preference and still bisexual or is it possible that maybe, now that I'm able to live as a man, I'm comfortable with being attracted to men because I know they'll treat me how I want them to? Because I'm wondering if it was possible that before I only really wanted to date girls because I was allowed to be the "man" in the relationship, but now that I'm literally openly "the man" all the time I've realized that I'm actually into men since I can date them in a way I want to? Please help, this is pretty stressful :eusa_doh:

2. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that makes sense. You should name your sexuality according to what you feel now- it doesn't require carefully analyzing your past. If you still like girls now, you're probably bi. If you don't, you're probably gay.