1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts about Wishing I was Straight

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mrcake, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Mrcake

I've been thinking lately that if I had the chance, I might want to be straight. I am not sure if I wish this because of societal pressure, or because I am unhappy with my own sexuality. However, I have been dating someone for 2 months and have been very happy, so I'm sure that isn't really the issue. Does anyone ever wish they were straight when they are gay or any other orientation? If so, then what have you done to push those thoughts away?

2. LostAndAffraid

It would make life a lot easier, but I don't know, I'm trying to be happy with who I am.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing is, being gay is not a choice, but I don't think being straight is either. We are who/what we are and we just have to make the best of it. The ignorance of other people makes being gay harder, but there is nothing we can do about our sexuality. We can't wish it away.

I think the most important thing is to find supportive people who you can lean on if all goes pear shaped. I think that's the value of this forum.

4. LostAndAffraid

Yeah, that's why I like this place, it's awesome, I like it a lot

5. MaddogMJ5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I sometimes wish I was straight, but then I think of how boring life would be. lol
    I'm happy with being pansexual/bisexual(?). :slight_smile:

6. livinglifefree

When I first came out and a few times throughout my relationship with a female, I wished I was straight. It would make my life so much easier and much less complicated, but I would miss out on so much. Love is amazing and we all deserve to experience it. It shouldn't be stifled because of the ignorance of others. It should be fully embraced no matter what form it comes to us in. You just have to learn to appreciate it and to accept who you are.

7. Firestorm44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For a long time being straight was everything I dreamed.. But now I want to focus on the silver linings :slight_smile:

8. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like my life being straight would be less complicated..? But I am trying to accept myself for who I am.

9. LostAndAffraid

Yeah I'm sure we've all been through the phase of wishing we were strait, but that is part of the journey, we can't deny ourselves forever