1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Point me towards some stuff

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by warholwendy, Apr 14, 2014.

1. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So like, there are sometimes where romantic attraction leads into sexual attraction and there are sometimes where sexual attraction leads to romantic attraction. The sexual part is with girls only, the only guy crush I have was actually sort of this almost demi-like thing where I only started liking him after I got to know him and it's totally romantic.

I'm just sort of really confused about my sexuality and I was wondering if you could point me towards some terms so I could be a little less confused?

2. cava

It may help you to separate romantic and sexual attractions. For example if a male-identified person has romantic feelings towards other males as well as females, but sexual feelings only for males, he may be bi-romantic homosexual.

You could also check out the terms here (skip to the "New terms for expressing sexual orientation" section, though they're hardly new): Sexual Orientation for the Genderqueer Person

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I already separate them but both are confusing to me.

4. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gynesexual seems to describe it

5. PeytonRose

Just....

Be careful with trying to rush into finding a term to describe yourself. If you try and describe yourself using that term before you're ready and before you realize what you want (what you really really want (how's that for a 90's flashback?)), you may bias yourself into thinking that you're something that you're not. Does that make sense?

I'm not trying to say that you aren't Gynesexual it sounds like it's quite possible that you are. I'm just saying that it's possible to bias yourself into thinking that you are by putting a term on things. Follow your heart, do what makes you happy, and find who makes you happy. Why try to put a term on something that makes you happy?

If that makes sense at all....

6. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice, girl!