1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl crush?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hii, Apr 14, 2014.

1. hii

hii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, so I'm getting the flu and trying to distract myself by questioning my sexual orientation. Yay.

Throughout my life I've known that I liked guys but I've also gotten a few girl crushes. They've never been that strong, but then again in my life I've only been really infatuated once.

It seems it's always a certain type and most girls I simply cannot find sexually attractive (or even attractive in most cases). I usually imagine myself ending up with a guy, but sometimes I just get bored of that and admire a girl from afar instead.

The girl I sort-of have a crush on right now I find very attractive and I check her out sometimes. I also like her personality and thinks she's quite cute and sweet. I don't think I'd mind dating her.

But then again, all the girls I've had crushes on I never was very close to so it's hard to tell if I'd ever want it to be something more than just that.

2. cava

(You mentioned your age in a different thread, so I'm keeping that in mind as I write this. Also I hope you get better, the flu sucks).

You are very young. I don't mean this to sound the way it probably will (it is not just a phase, your feelings are valid), but you really are very young.

The labels I used for my orientation changed about 50 times when I was between the ages of 12 and 18 (I'm now 19). Feel free to explore your girl-crushes if you get the chance, but don't feel like you need to pick a title and stick to it.

People will probably make fun of you or say you're just going through a phase or looking for attention or whatever, but at that stage in life, everyone is changing and if they use that to mock you it is almost certainly hypocritical.

The best thing you can do is to express honestly. If you feel genuinely attracted to someone, enjoy the feeling and embrace it.

3. Karabeara

Don't deny any attractions you have just because you want to put on a label. Apparently you're pretty young (like me :slight_smile: ) so you don't really have to think about anything going past dating. Dating a girl could be fun for now if that's what you want to do just make sure you're honest with the girl that way there's no mishaps. You wouldn't want to be just fooling around and then when you're done really hurt her feelings.