1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Seems Like I'm A Lesbian Except For It Doesn't

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by marchapril, Apr 15, 2014.

1. marchapril

marchapril Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think I'm lesbian but my crushes have been confusing me. To start off, most of them were male. :rolle: My male crushes flirted with me a lot (the usually first expressed some interest in me, and then I gradually developed a crush on them), and sometimes I would fantasize about being close friends with them and getting to know them better (these were actually really strong feelings)... butttttt I never wanted to do anything romantic with them (e.g. actually be in a relationship as opposed to just flirting). I actually had a couple sexual fantasies about this one guy, but they were really weird since he was always in the submissive part :icon_redf sometimes after flirting with him I would get kind of turned on :lol: ... anyway...

I only recently opened up to the idea of being not-hetero, around when I noticed feelings for this girl. Months later, it was this other girl... I was way more romantically attracted to my female crushes... I wanted to actually date them and wanted to do stuff but I didn't think about them that much... and the crushes sort of went away after a few months. I guess this had something to do with the fact that we didn't talk that often and that obviously they weren't interested in me in that way so I was pretty darn discouraged lol :icon_redf . Also I think that I'm more physically attracted to girls in /general/ than to guys (I usually find masculinity to be a huge turnoff actually... usually lol), but I never had many physical fantasies about my female crushes... Argh.

I also feel like, in an actual relationship, only a female could satisfy me romantically. I could never really see myself in a serious relationship with a male... but a female is a whole different story... the big problem for me is that I've never been super attracted to a particular female for a long period of time (and I've had 1-2 huge crushes on males).... I feel like that kind of makes me straight but idk. Like if I was really bi or lesbian I would have had some pretty significant crushes on females, right? I'm so confused right now... any thoughts?

(By the way, most of my friends are male, and I never develop crushes on my close male friends lol in case that helps idk)

#1 marchapril, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  2. LostAndAffraid

My suggestion, kiss a girl, ask yourself how it felt, kiss a guy, ask yourself how that felt.

This should help clear things up, if it makes you more confused you're probably bi or pan.

3. lovely lesbian

What he said just experment and see how you feel about it

4. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The problem with this advice is you can't make assumptions based on some random guy or girl.