1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How...Do I go about meeting guys?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by luvbifashchic, Apr 17, 2014.

1. luvbifashchic

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I've been thinking and starting to accept the fact that I'm bisexual more and more, but the problem is I've never been on a date or anything with another guy. This whole orientation was developed in my mind and daydreaming about "encountering" with a guy. And since the fantasies were there it sparked my curiousity. I'm a very open minded person so even if I didn't like going on a date with a guy it wouldn't be the end of the world. But, I have no clue how to go about doing this. I was given advice from my therapist that I should find an LGBT group just to be exposed to more of this wonderful community so I can truly understand myself significantly better and at least make friends with people. But I don't know how to go about doing that either. I need lots of advice...:icon_redf

2. PeytonRose

Find something that you're interested in and go do it. Play Magic the Gathering? Go to a local comic shop and play Friday nights and meet new people. You're bound to meet someone. Enjoy music? Go see a local band. Enjoy Coffee: Nectar of the Gods? Find a nice little coffee shop and enjoy the scenary. Don't like any of my suggestions? Try online dating (which is what I do because I'm socially awkward and shy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) :wink:

3. Pyromaniac

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're timid and not sure, you might try some chat/dating apps. I know there is a taboo against this in straight culture still to a point, but less so in LGBTQ communities because it is one of the few places where you know for sure someone is interested in you.

****** can be a mixed bag, but I've found some genuinely incredible people on there. A lot of hookups-only, but there are some people that are there just to date people or just to hang out. 75% of every single gay/bi guy in your area will be on there, and it might give you an idea. Just be clear about what your limits are before you join and be clear what you're looking for (dates only, no hook-ups, or whatever it is you're after).

##### is more of a hookup app in the hetero world, but I've found in the gay/bi arena, guys that are a bit more "serious" and looking for a date will be on here.

Just one perspective! Have a great time!