1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how am i meant to know?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fluxxeh, Apr 20, 2014.

1. fluxxeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok, i didn't know where to put this, so have just put it here. Mods/Admin, if this is the wrong place, please move it!!

I have only recently come out as Bi (and only to a few people) but i realised today, that i have developed a small crush at our local tesco (she's a checkout girl) I know absolutely nothing about her, not even her name. but how on earth can i possibly know what her sexuality is without straight out asking her (and i imagine that could be sexual harassment under the circumstances lol) i mean how can i get talking to her or anything?

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2014 at 03:37 PM ----------

and yes, i'm quite embarrassed with myself for even asking this question, as i feel it's such a childish question

2. helperman

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Don't be embarrassed about asking a question here. After all, what's an advice forum without questions? As far as your crush goes. I say get to know her. See what it's like TO know her. Trying to figure out the sexual orientation of someone you just met is like trying to nail a bowl of jello to the wall...it just isn't going to work. Take your time...get to know her...and you will find the answers to your questions.

3. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry, I frequently ask far more childish and silly questions. And I totally agree. I'm not exactly any kind of expert in this area, but you should talk to her whenever you see her, find out more about her and see what you have in common. You can ask when you know her better or just try flirting or something and see what her reaction is, if you're braver than I am!!

4. fluxxeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yeah, i'll try my best. and CuriousArticles, i'm a totally shy person around people i fancy (unless i'm drunk, in which case, i'm far too forward lol) but i guess, next time i see her, i'll try chatting a little bit and see where it goes.

Thanks for your help/replies :slight_smile:

i also wanna now try and nail a bowl of jello to the wall

#4 fluxxeh, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe buy a copy of the latest gay magazines and see if it gets any reaction. Very indirect and a bit of a long shot, but you never know???

6. fluxxeh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i don't think i've ever seen any gay magazines in my local tesco, but i can look. normally only go to the proper checkouts with my mum otherwise i go to the self service checkouts, but i guess i'll just see. maybe actually smile at her next time xD