1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I confused because I don't want to know what my sexuality is?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChromeNerd, Apr 21, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I kind of like the idea of being a lesbian, but I feel like that's a bit limiting. I don't like the idea of being bi because I don't want to be pressured into dating guys or get objectified by guys.

I also have a hard time defining attraction because I sometimes feel like I'm attracted to all sorts of people, but most of that attraction seems fake. I rarely feel like I'm feeling real attraction. I don't remember feeling real attraction for any guys.

I kind of want to know my sexuality because I want to belong somewhere, but I don't really like any of the available labels.

2. Kabuki

Then just don't label yourself. It's not necessary to do it if you feel the labels don't work for you. I would say just make one, but then people won't get what you are on the sexual spectrum. :lol:

Anyway, I get what you mean with the whole fake attraction, I guess it happens to everyone, I have no suggestion or advice on how to work those out.

I say just be yourself and don't rush to label yourself, you still have time to understand yourself more.

3. Agaetis Byrjun

I can understand where you're coming from. If you don't remember feeling genuinely attracted to any boys, do you feel any desire to date them, or have sex with them? If you don't, then the bi label is probably not for you. And I can totally feel wanting to have a label just to have that sense of clarity for yourself. Maybe instead of an "I am" description, you could use an "I like" description, like "I like girls" or "I don't want to date boys"?

4. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really remember feeling attracted to boys. Sometimes I might look at a boy and think he's good looking or okay to date, but I don't think that's not the same feelings I get for girls. I don't really want to date or have sex with any guys either.