1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to call this relationship

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Reyo2029, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Reyo2029

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm a guy, and growing up I've never felt like I was different, I grew up like a "normal" boy, I played sports, I was aggressive, all of that. I had a new crush on a girl almost every year, until 12th grade. I met this girl who I had fallen in love with, unfortunately it didn't work out, and I went to college broken hearted. I had dated girls in college but at that point my heart wasn't really into it, which was more unfortunate for the girls I dated because they had caught feelings for me and I was emotionally distant.

I had always been able to identify if a guy was attractive, but if I saw he was attractive my thought wasn't "I like him" it was more so, "I don't want him near the girl I'm trying to talk to". At this point I was kind of pondering the idea of experimenting, even though I was too scared to even admit it to myself. I watched videos on YouTube to gain a better perspective on the LGBT community, yet all of the videos I saw were of feminine guys, not that any thing is wrong with that, but at the time I was uncomfortable with it.

I came across one YouTuber, who is pretty well known, I'll spare his name but he was apart of a collab channel and was "straight acting" like myself. I felt like I connected with everything he said. Unfortunately after a little while, he deleted all of his videos, and I felt almost like I lost a friend. From that point on I said, what ever life throws my way, I'll accept. If a girl came around and I fell in love, I'll accept, and if a guy comes around, I I'll entertain the idea.

A couple months later I met a guy, and we hit it off perfectly, it was like we were made for each other, we were inseparable, he was very intuitive to what I was thinking, and as much as I tried to brush of the coincidences in our friendship, they were hard to ignore (example our birthdays equal the same number, compatible astrology signs, etc).

We grew closer and closer, I opened up to him, cried in front of him, ( I don't even cry), we told each other we love each other', etc. I really felt like this guy might be my soulmate. The issue is that I'm closeted, and I don't know about him, even though I could go on for days why I think he's gay (flirty looks, we've cuddled, he's always touching me, said he didn't want to ever loose me, he's the only one that puts up with my bullshit). The issue is we haven't spoken about our friendship, it's just kind of the elephant in the room. We've both hinted at it, but no one has fully acknowledged it.

At this point I feel like everyone knows about our "friendship", we're moving in together which probably makes it more obvious, but I'm starting to feel a certain way that after a year of this close friendship, we haven't spoken about it. I wanted someone to talk about it with so bad, and ironically, I started working at a new job, where the guy from YouTube that helped me accept myself, worked himself, that's another story. He was however the first person I came out to, and we're good friends now, (this is why I believe in fate), but I'm getting frustrated with him but I don't know how to bring it up. And he notices the change in my attitude, we've been bickering all week, I just want to clear the air but I don't know what to say, any suggestions?

2. thrnvlpidj

Tell him you don't want to live together unless you can share a bed.

3. helperman

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sounds like you have a lot to get off of your chest. My advice? Be straight forward and honest with him. Sit down with him, tell him you have some thing(s) on your mind, and ask him to let you finish before he says anything. Lay it all out for him and then discuss with him where to take your friendship/relationship. If people were more honest with each other I have a feeling a lot of friendships/relationships would be saved.

4. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :thumbsup: