1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is my sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by HearMeOut, Apr 26, 2014.

1. HearMeOut

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    What should I consider my self as in terms of sexuality if I fantasize and masturbate mostly to guys and rarely about women (and even less if its not kinky)? On the other hand I am still impacted by girls looks. Impacted as in losing my train or thought or feeling something other than plain indifferent observation, but I never hold onto those moments or fantasize about them or feel excited or look for more. On the other hand I have been "impacted" by guys too just mostly on their actions than on their looks and on possible equal amounts as women although might be less. I also know that I have trouble feeling emotionally attracted to women I can't fantasize anything emotional about where as I can and do about guys. But I partially think this is do too some problems I had growing up as in not having a mother around and my dad not being the most intimate guy in the world. That's not to say that's an explanation for my homosexual tendencies but a theory I had for my lack of emotional fantasies with women.

Anyways I was just wondering what I might label myself as or what I might say to someone if I wanted to explain my sexuality?

Also I don't really know if I'm bi leaning to gay or just gay maybe even really straight. So if you could post anything that could help that would be great. Does anybody else have a similar "sexual make up" that later discovered their sexuality?

Thanks for reading.

2. MDNA

Out Status:
    A few people
    It is not for us to judge, but i think your experience is pretty normal. I think you are gay or perhaps bi. :slight_smile:
    Dont stress about it too much

3. CarUnderwater

a lot of times, people don't know what they are actually "classified" as.

I went years telling myself I was bisexual. Then went the last 5 years telling myself I'm gay.

I'm not either. I believe myself to be fluid But you get to the point where you stress so much over what your actual label is and it's really all for nothing.

When you want to explain it, simply say you find both attractive, but have an emotional interest in men only (if that's where you're leaning).

you'll be fine without the label and other people will come to terms with it when they're ready to.

4. IG88

So far it sounds like you're gay. Maybe you could see a counselor about your emotional outlook on women. Even though not having your mother around growing up wouldn't make you gay, I think it would be a good idea to explore that situation with a professional, so that you can have healthy relationships with women (even if only platonic).

5. HearMeOut

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for your comments everybody I look forward for more