1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another sexuality thing

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by enjolras, Apr 26, 2014.

1. enjolras

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hellooooo there!
    So, I posted something yesterday about figuring out my sexuality and kind of came to the conclusion that I'm a biromantic homosexual. However, there's something I'd really like to clear up.
    I feel a different sort of attraction to men and women. When I see a naked guy or whatever, I'll get turned on. However, with girls this feels different. I'll get this weird feeling in my body that I don't get with men. It's sort of like butterflies in my stomach but it's more of a brief, swooping feeling. Why do I feel different for men and women, and does this say anything about my (still pretty much undecided) sexuality?
    Thank you so much for your help!!! :thumbsup:

2. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

Sexual response is complicated. The thing is if you are not comfortable with attraction to the same sex fear will alter your response. You mind may be stifling it or you may have more of a romantic attraction to women. I mostly just felt romantic attraction for a long time, and only recently have I felt strong sexual attraction. When I did though it was far more intense than anything I ever expected. Maybe work on getting used to the idea for a while and see how your response changes with time.

3. Yes, it's completely normal, because well, sexuality is complex!

With bisexuality, you can definitely have a preference and I don't think you have to love them in the same ways either, I think as long as you are romantically/emotionally attracted to women and men, you are still biromantic :slight_smile:

I agree on everything Rainmustfall said too!! You should take your time in knowing these things!!

Let me know if you need more help!! :slight_smile:

4. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    HOLY! I have the same reaction! But now my feelings for women are starting to become stronger :icon_redf Probably because I'm coming out to more people and accepting it a bit more. Sexuality is a very fluid thing. It can change. Also some people feel different attractions to different genders and/or have more of a preference to one gender over the other. It's all very fluid...

5. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know for me I feel a different sort of attraction for the guy I'm having a LDR with than any of my previous same sex relationships. With women it is like what the threadstarter said about looking at guys, getting turned on, whether the woman is naked or not. (depends on the woman, not attracted to all shapes and sizes) I am as physically attracted to women almost as much as a straight guy might be to women. Normally I look at guys and feel no attraction at all, and in HS if a guy touched me in any kind of sexual way it felt really bad. With my BF however I feel a physical attraction. Not one to his body parts, but specifically to him, a desire to hold him and be held my him, and his touch or me touching him does turn me on. If I could put his brain in a woman's body it would be perfect :lol: This desire for him only occurred after a long period of friendship and eventually falling in love with him. So I guess that makes me a demisexual with men but not with women? But perhaps I'm demisexual with women too, because despite my natural attraction to women, I just can't bring myself to actually act on my desire unless I'm in a relationship with that woman. I've always been faithful to my partners, and I expect the same from them. If they want to be intimate with someone else, all they would have to do is tell me, and that's fine. I didn't however want to continue to be intimate with them. Perhaps that feeling will change as I get older but it hasn't so far.

6. enjolras

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for all the answers guys, it's been helpful!