1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bi or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wolfiee, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have struggled with sexuality for quite some time, I came to the conclusion that I was bisexual, next bisexual homoromantic, now I'm starting to think maybe I'm a lesbian.

I live in a Christian home, I still have my faith and all but I fully support the LGBT communities, whereas my parents are super against same-sex marriage and think girls need to be feminine and boys need to be masculine. My mum always tries to push me into the more 'girly' side of things like makeup and dresses, but it's just not me.

On top of that my mum expects in a few years time when I move out of home, if not already, have a boyfriend, get married, have kids etc... but I get annoyed whenever she says stuff like that because I strongly see myself with a woman and not a man. Obviously I can't say "No, I like women." Because she would probably freak out and try to 'straighten' me up.

All I dream about is being with a girl, all I think about is being with a girl. I mean there are plenty of attractive guys out there, I'm not going to lie, but I am more drawn to girls. I've had crushes on guys over the past, but I always just gave up on them because they never made a move or they did but then ended up with some other girl a few months later and I just got fed up with it. And I said to myself when I was about 11 or twelve that if men and relationships don't work out for me, I wouldn't mind being with a woman.

Then I started seeing girls the same way I saw guys, that's when I thought I was bisexual, but ever since then I've been drawn further towards wanting a relationship with a woman and further away from being in a relationship with a man.

Is it possible that I am now leaning towards becoming a lesbian?

2. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I strongly feel you.. But first I thought I was bisexual later I thought maybe I'm bi-romantic lesbian? because I felt romantic attraction to guys but no sexual one.. and now I'm thinking maybe I'm just a lesbian because the more I accept myself faster and faster those feelings for guys starts to fade.

My mom is like that too. She even wants granddaughter from me. She pushes me to be feminine and I hate it... but now I even started to fight againt my mom for this.

I think you can't become lesbian. I think you are just starting to understand what you truly want and that's great. Your will grow up and leave home and you don't have to do this with a man. When you will stand up on your own feet you will be able to have relationship with whoever you want. :slight_smile: good luck !

3. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much. I guess I may be lesbian, but I can still know when a guy is kinda cute but I don't want to date him or anything. Whenever a guy takes interest in me I get sort of taken a back and try not to think about them so they end up moving onto someone else. I've always rejected guys who asked me out, purely because I didn't see the point in relationships with them, but I think I would date a girl if we both knew we liked each other but I'd probably have to keep it from my parents :icon_sad:

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well my advice on keeping it from you parents is wait until you are ready. When you will know what you want, when you will be working or studying and you will have your own life and parents would not kick you out from home because you live by yourself even if it is with a girl - then you can come out to them. They need to know but you will not be at risk of losing everything. :slight_smile: