1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drawing pictures of a naked girl as a kid. Could this be a sign?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by the haunted, Apr 28, 2014.

1. the haunted

I apologize in advance if this seems creepy. I'm truly not a creepy person lol.

When I was in 5th grade, I went on the Washington DC spring break trip with the rest of the 5th grade. On the trip, this girl thought it would be funny to come out of the bathroom naked (in our hotel room of 4 girls) and dance around. She quickly retreated back into the bathroom after we all freaked out.

After arriving back home from the trip, my best friend (who witnessed the naked dancing as well) and I discussed this girl and how weird she was. I don't know why, but we decided we were going to draw naked pictures of her. Just her standing there on a white page. As far as I can remember, they were detailed drawings. We hid them of course so nobody would find them.

Then if that wasn't enough, I went home and hid myself away in my closet and drew another naked picture of her. 11 year old me sitting alone drawing a naked girl. Sheesh lol.

Anyways, 11 years later I am here questioning my sexuality. Could these detailed drawings that my 11 year old self drew be a strange sign of adult homosexuality? :confused:

2. IG88

Umm, from just that no, I wouldn't come to the conclusion that you were lesbian. Kids do weird stuff. I used to make comics. They were obscene lol.

3. the haunted

I mean, I have other reasons to think I'm gay, but that's just one of them. I guess the part that weirded me out the most is that I was 11, not 5. Lol.

4. NicoletteChris

I think that psychoanalyzing your childhood for signs should be the least of your worries. I understand that there's a struggle since a lot of LGBT folks talk about experiencing crushes or feelings or "different" vibes when younger hinting to their sexuality when older or they all just knew at a young age but for people like you and I we can look back at our childhood's and not be so sure and be like " Well..." For me I remember living a heterosexual childhood but that could've been from a number of factors like growing up influenced in a hetero world and also my hormones didn't start going crazy till 12-13 and sometimes hormones can direct you to the sexuality you like but for some people it takes a while to realize what they want and sexuality can be from a number of things not just biological but environmental, psychologically, and etc. Sometimes as we mature and become more open and okay with the idea of things we find our interests straying like three years ago if I went back and told my younger self I think I'm gay she would've burst into tears and probably tried to kill herself. Why? Because at that age I was very parochial and I wanted to be like everyone else and I had no idea how amazing and lovely a same sex relationship would ever seem to be. I think it all just has to do with maturing and how open we are as adults and life experiences and a number of other factors.
    But please don't put stress on trying to go back to your childhood and look for "signs." There are some people who never had the same sex feelings until 30's-40's and they just go with the roll so be lucky you're having the feelings now versus years later :slight_smile: