1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Childhood celebrity "crushes" and sexuality???

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by enjolras, Apr 29, 2014.

1. enjolras

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey there!
    So I'm still figuring out my sexuality and I was wondering if any of you ever noticed a correlation with the celebrities or characters you loved as a child and your sexuality? When I was younger I had a massive obsession with Nancy from Oliver! and Liesl from the sound of music. I think I might have had a thing for one of my female teachers too, oops! Has anyone else noticed this? :icon_bigg

2. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I had "crushes" on female celebrities when I was little. When I was about 13 and I saw girls date boys I kinda started too. It was just society's pressure.. But anyway, my first crushes in my life were girls.

3. Kate Lee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol, I had a thing for Brigitta in the sound of music.

4. ProtegeMoi

Gavin Rossdale was my first.

5. White Knight

When I was 6 or 7 on beach, there was a conversation about Jane, of Tarzan, his movies running on the TV so often back on those days. Every boy was talking about how good Jane boobs are and how they want to touch them. I expressed... umm actually shouted my opinion like "I like Tarzan boobs better, I want to have them when I grow up!".

6. When I was 7 or 8, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea made it to UK television. I developed quite the fixation for David Hedison who played the captain.

I've just looked him up and he's still around, though not as young as I remember him.

7. Iamqm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sure! Keira Knightley, "Ginny" from Harry Potter, Matthew Macfadyen, Eddie Redmayne... Looking back it is very obvious... :slight_smile:

8. Ebro1122

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had an aesthetic crush on the lead singer of My Chemical Romance. But when he cut his hair and wore less makeup, I started losing interest. I tended to like the looks of very feminine looking men. I guess I know why now.