1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it ok to identify as a bisexual in this case?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MyLittleWorld, May 3, 2014.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm biromantic lesbian and I came out to some people as bisexual to avoid explaining them how romantic orientation works.

Now I'm thinking that maybe it's wrong for true bisexuals who love and are attracted to both genders. Is it wrong..?

2. Daydream Harp

Wrong subforum, but if you have romantic feelings for both/multiple genders then I don't see the harm of identifying as bisexual. Of course, you could just use the term "bi-romantic" instead and hope that people wouldn't start with too many dumb questions about it.

3. RainbowMan

I've moved this to the Sexual and Romantic Orientation forum, where you might get more responses. My feelings on the topic are that however you choose to label yourself, make sure that it's true to you.

It doesn't sound like bisexual is how you really feel - you're using it as a label of convenience in order to avoid a label that might be less understood by the mainstream. Whether or not this is "OK" is entirely up to you, and I or anyone else on this forum really can't say "DON'T DO THAT!!!", but what I would like to make sure is that you're OK with it. And if you are, then that's all that matters.

4. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, it's not wrong but not entirely accurate. Just curious, why do you not want to explain how romantic orientation works? Sounds like excellent cocktail conversation to me.

5. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People sometimes ask dumb questions so I think it would be better to avoid explaining it?